Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2015, 01:26 PM

5,701 posts, read 3,222,313 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
The problem with those apartments as well as the Post properties is that there are young professionals and younger professionals, the apartments have both, the typical complain you hear is from older young professionals, mid thirties who don't want to frat house vibe that the twenty year olds bring, the apartments are set up for roommates they are 2/2 3/3 that's why you see the younger crowd.
Do you know of apartments that are better suited for the 28+ crowd?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2015, 01:50 PM

62 posts, read 98,050 times
Hey! I'm looking for the same thing, and Post Rocky Point seems pretty decent!!! It's expensive after all the add-ons, but the location is very convenient, it has some nice water views, and there might be some social life in the area too?!

Old 11-01-2015, 03:37 PM

6,617 posts, read 5,009,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
Do you know of apartments that are better suited for the 28+ crowd?
I know quite a few people on post square, and post soho. Its luck of the draw so I wouldn't completely check them off your list just beware of those issues abd my understanding is that management is cracking down. At any rate in general I think the further you are from Soho the better you are in terms of tranquility. Some background Kennedy boulevard runs east to west, it is also the dividing line between south Tampa and Tampa, meaning the streets running north to south once they cross Kennedy they become south xxx, for example Howard street south of Kennedy is south Howard, SoHo is short for south Howard which is the main strip where the bars are. I would look at the area in front of international plaza or downtown Tampa which are a five minute Uber ride to soho. Rocky point is pretty good as well.

Old 11-02-2015, 08:40 AM

440 posts, read 595,702 times
I live in Post Rocky Point, and yes the location is perfect right on the water, but you will pay for the waterfront view. There are over 900 units in the complex so it is VERY large, and has 3 pools with the main pool having parties every weekend in the summer. The crowd is average 28+ so meeting people is very easy especially at their spa where the main gym is. The only downside is that management has really gone downhill lately and they just seem to let the place go. Other than that, you can't really beat the location with the Causeway being so close if you enjoy biking or jogging and sunsets. Also, Clearwater beach is only 20-25 mins away. And they even have their own market since the closest grocery store is on Dale Mabry.

Old 11-02-2015, 10:10 AM

4,091 posts, read 6,014,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beacher23 View Post
And they even have their own market since the closest grocery store is on Dale Mabry.
You'll have to educate me on where this place is, but there's a Publix Greenwise in SoHo and there's a Publix on Bayshore right before you hit downtown.

Old 11-02-2015, 11:45 AM

769 posts, read 830,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAniacTHW View Post
You'll have to educate me on where this place is, but there's a Publix Greenwise in SoHo and there's a Publix on Bayshore right before you hit downtown.
Rocky point is out on Courtney Campbell...

He's probably right about the closest supermarket being the Winn Dixie on Dale Mabry by the Stadium.

There's a "Bravo" supermarket on Hillsborough and Hanley, a Publix on Hillsborough and Memorial, that's it. Maybe there is something on the Pinellas side of the Courtney Campbell or Gulf to Bay or McMullen Booth.

Old 11-02-2015, 12:07 PM

6,617 posts, read 5,009,834 times
Quote:
It's in front of ben t Davis beach next to where the Hotels are, it's the back of danashores I don't think they are connected.

Old 11-02-2015, 12:18 PM

4,091 posts, read 6,014,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CubsFan20 View Post
Rocky point is out on Courtney Campbell...
Thanks. I was thinking it was in Hyde Park.

I didn't realize people lived out that way. I honestly thought it was where tourists stayed when they came down.

Old 11-02-2015, 02:24 PM

440 posts, read 595,702 times
Quote:
Thanks. I was thinking it was in Hyde Park.

I didn't realize people lived out that way. I honestly thought it was where tourists stayed when they came down.
Unfortunately it is during especially during the winter months. But it's right across from Bahama Breeze on Rocky Point Drive

Old 11-03-2015, 10:30 AM

5,701 posts, read 3,222,313 times
So huge complex of professionals paying 1200 in rent. Yet everyone says you are lucky to make 60k in Tampa. It doesn't add up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay