Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2010, 05:28 PM

5,453 posts, read 9,332,073 times

Advertisements

I am still wondering what is the exact purpose for these articles? is it shock value? is that there really isn't that much left to talk about in the news? what is it? for the last 2 1/2 years all I hear is how Tampa will never recover, that prices got down, there is no bottom.....seriously? my husband is working in real estate and they close like bunnies! enough is enough.....it's annoying....yeah, we get it, the greedy realtors and mortgage brokers did a number on the average Joe's and it will never be forgotten...can we move on now? we'll never get any new jobs if these kind of dumb articles don't stop! all they do is keep existing and potential employers shaking in fear of loosing their precious money and NOT hiring ppl?!

Not to mention that apparently large employers or different industries don't seem cold enough up north to move down here so, these articles don't help those guys either! now it just seems as tho media just wants to complain and keep ppl standing and not moving! life goes on...I am sure that in 20 years we'll have another breakdown considering that everything is based on greed more or less!

U.S. Cities In Free Fall - Yahoo! Real Estate
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2010, 05:41 PM

5,068 posts, read 7,270,024 times
What's wrong with the article? All it does is point out the failings of certain areas. It's not like the author is making the numbers up. Believe it or not, most corporations are looking for more than hot weather when they consider relocation-they usually look for a trained, educated workforce and a decent infrastructure. Many people think Florida lacks these qualities. The gild has been fading from Florida for some time now-the housing melt down just proved how vulnerable Florida's economy is. Simply cramming in more and more people doesn't equal economic growth.

Old 04-18-2010, 04:23 AM

8,489 posts, read 20,695,851 times
2 Things.

You complain about the purpose of the article and why they need to keep writing them but I have seen this same article posted on the Florida boards 3 times now. Aren't you helping them in their quest to overload everyone with the same thing if you re-post it?

Also if you really look at the numbers used in the article/ranking for Tampa they look very bad but if you really know the area and have followed things for the last 3, 5, 10 years it is quite encouraging. For one thing, the 44.18% drop in building permits is not a shocker when you take into account the unprecedented growth over the last 10 years. The fact that prices have gone down over 32% from peak is also no shocker and it makes for more alarming news than the fact that since Jan 09 prices are up around 3% and and have hovered in a relatively small range over the last several months.

I know in my old office scheduled closings are way up over the last few months and in my county unemployment is down, though it is still high.

Old 04-18-2010, 06:14 AM

5,453 posts, read 9,332,073 times
Vaugn, Nothing wrong with the article, well written....my point is that this subject has been beaten to death....and it is weird because Tampa shows up in some of these but not all articles talking about the "failures" of some states........yeah, we know, builders overbuild, RE's over sold, MB's over lended.....OK, time to move on....there is no rime or reason for this anymore....sorry.

MP: I don't check "other" Florida boards to see what's being posted. But I did notice how Yahoo had the same article with two different titles. Which I thought was sneaky.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
View detailed profiles of: