Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2007, 07:20 AM

1,418 posts, read 10,190,369 times

Advertisements

I've been following this project for about one year now. It appears that the developers of Trump Tower Tampa learned that they can't stop buyers from suing to get back deposits on the Trump condo high-rise.

It looks like the Trump project attorneys are going to try to kick the investors around as much as they can. I couldn't believe this quote from their attorney: ""This is the first step in many battles," Schultz-Kin said. "A contract's a contract, and these plaintiffs are big boys. They're investors."

I guess the guy who invests $300,000 of his life's savings in a Trump Condo ain't no different than Trump himself. Eventhough they were promised a substantial completion date of December '08, which is impossible, the Trump lawyers won't do the right thing and just give those investors that want "out" their money back.

If my name were Donald Trump, I'd tell SimDag LLC and Mirabilis Ventures Inc. and their lawyer "Schultz-Kin" YOU'RE FIRED, and then do the right thing by refunding these people their life savings, paying all of the contractors who did millions of dollars of work so far, and owning up to the mess, before trying to figure out how to salvage the project.

After all, it is the Trump name riding on this project. No one will remember all of Trumps successes, but they will remmember this disasterous failure, if it is not handled with proper dignity and compassion toward it's investors.

What do you have to say about this, Donald?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2007, 09:28 AM

17 posts, read 60,077 times
This project is tainting his name.

It really sucks for those investors that are getting kicked around like that.

What is the latest on the building? I pass by everyday and wonder about it.

Old 04-24-2007, 11:34 AM

598 posts, read 2,268,707 times
He's brought in another partner it looks like. Hopefully they can get the soil problem solved soon. Project completion is expected in 2009.

http://tampabay.bizjournals.com/tamp...9/daily58.html

Old 04-24-2007, 12:41 PM

17 posts, read 60,077 times
thanks for the info summergal

I really hope they get that building going. I love Tampa and like the transformation that the downtown area is experiencing.

Old 04-28-2007, 09:13 PM

286 posts, read 1,029,556 times
Wow, that is sick... I'm glad I'm not 10 years older, or I'd be losin my money on that. But yeah, that whole freakin quagmire is makin my entire city look bad... I don't appreciate that much. At least Skypoint and Channelside 1 &2 are successful and nearly done.

Old 04-29-2007, 11:01 AM

279 posts, read 471,998 times
somebody invested their 300,000 life savings in a speculation condo with trumps name LOL what an idiot
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay