Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2009, 03:54 PM

32 posts, read 98,951 times

Advertisements

Hi
I am looking for any advice that you may have on what you think are the best Parks or beaches around Pasco or N-Pinellas?

What parks/trails do you recommend?
What beaches or places to fish?
Has anyone gone on a fishing charter?
Or best place to have lunch in nice surroundings?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2009, 04:25 PM

28 posts, read 80,059 times
We don't fish so can't help you there but we were recently in Dunedin and ate at Bon Appetite by the marina just past Best Western hotel and the fish and chips were really good, best I've had other than Lucia Lodge on Hwy 1 in California just south of Big Sur. They have the best of anywhere but Bon Appetite was very good, so was the view right on the water with a nice breeze. Also Cafe Alfresco in downtown Dunedin has good food, we really liked the cuban sandwich (no one in Reno knows what the heck a cuban sandwich is!). It's not on the water but does look out at the Pinellas trail and the staff are very nice.

I'm not an expert on the beaches by far but I've found the nicest sand to be Clearwater even though it is more crowded than others north. Depends on what you want in a beach. Honeymoon island and Caledesi island sand had too many shells for me but there are trails to do a short walk. I like the soft sand that I can wiggle my toes in! Maybe I didn't go to the right part of Caledesi because the pics advertising it as the #1 beach did not look like what I saw when I was there. Plus I was a little freaked out about the rattlesnakes on the island. Never saw any but didn't do the nature trail - because I didn't want to see any! It was an ok trip but to me the sand wasn't as nice as Clearwater. You have to deal with more people at Clearwater but for the quality of sand I think it's worth it. Of course Siesta Key is the best IMHO but that is quite a drive south of St Pete. The causeway to Fred Howard Park was closed when we tried to go there but when we went a few years ago I found it had quite a few shells which my 2 yr old niece said hurt her feet. If you don't care about the quality of the sand it's a nice park for a picnic and relaxing by the water.

East of NPR is a wilderness area that has some nature trails, ,can't remember the name but I'm sure you can find it on a map. I think it may have a lake but not sure, it's been a few years.....

Cheryl
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay