Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2008, 11:35 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times

Advertisements

I live in Wesley Chapel and the crime rate is pretty low. I never have felt unsafe and we don't have any weapons in our house.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2008, 12:04 PM

14,784 posts, read 24,086,869 times
hi please re consider moving to florida at all cause we are like the 3rd in the nation with the highest unemployment rate . I am moving out of florida on monday for lexington ky . My family still lives up there and the whole area is just lovely . Florida is the armpit of the south and i for one am glad to be leaving . Home insurance is ridiciously high , property taxes are also and you cannot afford the cost of living here . everywhere you go traffic is horendous and florida is just plain for the rich and the elderly . good luck to you if you move here and watch out for the gangs in New port richey .

Old 12-05-2008, 01:00 PM

17,534 posts, read 39,131,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
hi please re consider moving to florida at all cause we are like the 3rd in the nation with the highest unemployment rate . I am moving out of florida on monday for lexington ky . My family still lives up there and the whole area is just lovely . Florida is the armpit of the south and i for one am glad to be leaving . Home insurance is ridiciously high , property taxes are also and you cannot afford the cost of living here . everywhere you go traffic is horendous and florida is just plain for the rich and the elderly . good luck to you if you move here and watch out for the gangs in New port richey .
You've been spamming many threads with this nonsense. This is only your opinion, and Kentucky better than Florida? puh-leez... But glad for you that you are moving for a better way of life for yourself.

Old 12-07-2008, 06:44 PM

436 posts, read 1,357,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
I will never understand why people who wish to move out of Florida need to justify their decision with ridiculous exaggerations like this one. I afford the cost of living here, my taxes are lower here than they would have been in burbs of Philadelphia and have not encountered any gang activity. I am not saying Florida is perfect, but please give us all a break with this gross exaggerations of "your world" in Florida. I mean, just be happy you are able to move to where you want to be and let others give Florida a try for themselves without scaring the wits out of them.

Old 12-07-2008, 08:12 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times
I have traveled a little bit to other States and so far I like a lot of States but I do like the shopping/grocery prices much better here than in many other States that I have been.

I don't like the property taxes so much but in some States they are even higher.

If some one doesn't like to wake up with a nice temperature on a daily base, than please move to a nice cold place. This is paradise and some people rather have rain or snow...but more space for us if the people who don't like it move...so we don't have to hear the complains and by the way everybody is free to have an opinion.

I agree with Margel....If you don't like it here , please don't speak negative about everything since that sound believable and the crime rate isn't so high...we can walk the dogs at night without having to be affraid of being robbed and if something happens, well it can happen anywhere if you come accross a freak....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay