Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2021, 11:32 AM

7,126 posts, read 8,652,997 times

Advertisements

The OP is looking for an area he and his partner will feel comfortable living in...he is not looking to be judged...just live his life the way he chooses...this thread has gone way off topic...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2021, 09:45 PM

214 posts, read 260,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flo Owens View Post
off topic?, the Original Poster asked:

"Does anyone care to share their thoughts on how the city has changed over the past two decades? Thanks for your time."

The Original Poster asked about change, and other poster chimed in.
That is correct, Flo....until about the 2nd page, when a "non member" made a remarks about the way the neighborhood changed and not for the better, in the eyes of this user, thanks to "leftist and homosexuals.

At one point, I replied mentioning that "homosexuals" were not exclusively "leftist" and another one or two members also voiced their opinions on the one sided comment.

From that point on, most of the thread turned into a lecture of right vs wrong and people from NYC vs normal locals, there were mentions of ex pres Trump and elections results and yada, yada, yada...

I do notice that some of them are actually not members.
They make a comment and then they are gone

I really try not to get into politics, religion, family values, etc.
That is not the goal of this forum, I believe
I want to learn about the neighborhood
Yes, demographics are important as much as social, economic data.
I really couldn't care less if my neighbor is a Bernie Sanders fan or a Marjorie Taylor Green follower.

I really do believe that people can co-exist in one place without necessarily all have to act, talk, look the same way.

Equal? of course! but definitely not all the same!
That's me.

Just a good deal of respect and minimum tolerance is enough for me.

Lately, I just got tired of responding (if addressed directly) or making further comments if I sense that the member or not members just wants to have the final word.

On the same token, nobody has to justify as to why someone intends to relocate, retire in any city or state as if seeking approval.

I believe that is what the previous member was trying to convey.

Looking forward to warm sunny days, humidity, trees, space and beach!

Old 04-22-2021, 07:55 AM

7,126 posts, read 8,652,997 times
Quote:
off topic?, the Original Poster asked:

"Does anyone care to share their thoughts on how the city has changed over the past two decades? Thanks for your time."

The Original Poster asked about change, and other poster chimed in.
Agree to a point but then it became a whole dissertation on what is normal blah blah blah...I don't think the OP was looking for a lecture...Yes, Mayor Kreiser is a progressive and St.Pete is a great place for open expression and tolerance and the OP should be very happy living there! That's all the OP was really asking for...BTW, long time member here who has a Trump-loving son happily living in St.Pete with his wife and young daughter! If someone asks for the time is it necessary to tell them how the watch was made?

Old 04-22-2021, 08:24 AM

17,534 posts, read 39,131,539 times
I think the OP could find happiness in either Tampa or St. Pete. The key will be finding acceptable affordable housing.

Good luck, OP!

Old 04-24-2021, 06:50 AM

25 posts, read 37,636 times
it's called a free country...free to move, free to comment and that freedom not be canceled just because one poster may not be as liberal as another! comments and opinions are just that, some people might get their *feelings* hurt when a poster comments about how the demographic and politics of St Pete has changed?? gee...the fact is that St Pete HAS changed and not necessarily for the better to some people, it's America people! silencing populations has never worked in the long term it seems to me if I remember my history. Some people like the change, others despise it. No biggie, that's life in America! For me, I would never live again in St Pete for a variety of good personal reasons. People sometimes move to FL and actively work to re-make the local color. Funny thing nobody moves to NYC and attempt to re-make NYC culture, or Boston or New Orleans or Nashville...they damn sure wouldn't try to re-shape Dallas, Memphis, Jackson MS, Shreveport, Birmingham, or Butte MT. The recent invasion in Florida has had plenty negative effects and that's easy to see in places like St Pete. Easy to see, unless you're blind, or another "invader". LOL

Old 04-24-2021, 07:06 AM

25 posts, read 37,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
Agree to a point but then it became a whole dissertation on what is normal blah blah blah...I don't think the OP was looking for a lecture...Yes, Mayor Kreiser is a progressive and St.Pete is a great place for open expression and tolerance and the OP should be very happy living there! That's all the OP was really asking for...BTW, long time member here who has a Trump-loving son happily living in St.Pete with his wife and young daughter! If someone asks for the time is it necessary to tell them how the watch was made?

@Irishiis49

you DON'T live in St Pete, right? and never have, correct? For the record, I have and the change, some very negative is quite evident

Old 04-24-2021, 10:02 PM

5,390 posts, read 9,693,411 times
Quote:
@Irishiis49

you DON'T live in St Pete, right? and never have, correct? For the record, I have and the change, some very negative is quite evident
Well, Flo-- as we all know. There's one constant in life and that's change. Deal with it.

Old 04-24-2021, 10:03 PM

1,040 posts, read 1,020,115 times
And what the hell is a "hipster"?

Old 04-25-2021, 08:19 AM

17,534 posts, read 39,131,539 times
It sure seems that way. I haven't been back to St Pete for over a year now, but last time we were there I was saddened to see all the major gentrification downtown, many new million dollar plus condos. I wonder how long before all the neat little Bohemian shops disappear from Central Ave..

Last edited by Yac; 04-25-2021 at 11:44 PM..

Old 04-25-2021, 08:45 AM

1,040 posts, read 1,020,115 times
All part of the conspiracy. One example of suddenly tripling the rent to kick out business:

https://www.wtsp.com/article/news/lo...6-5ac4762f1552

Only way to stop this horse manure is a revolt of the masses and physically overthrowing the greedy, by force.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay