Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2017, 10:05 AM

1,024 posts, read 1,799,335 times

Advertisements

Years ago, I posted that my family was moving away from Spring Hill. I think this was in 2011. I was worried we would not be able to sell our home back then, and I was correct. We ended up having to rent it out for several years.

Well, I think the market has turned, because I'm happy to announce WE SOLD IT!! Within two days, we received a full price offer! We actually made a profit, believe it or not. Here's what we did that helped us become successful:
  • When we made the repairs years ago, we made sure everything was legit. The repairs were completed under a certified engineer. We also made sure we repaired all of the interior correctly and beautifully.
  • We spent the extra money and had the home staged and painted a neutral color throughout right before it hit the market.
  • We made sure the buyers had all of our paperwork and certification information from the engineers and companies doing the repairs.

My point in writing this is, if you have a sinkhole home that has been repaired properly and you do all that we did to ours, you have little to fear when you go to sell it. Our buyers even went with a VA loan, which is supposed to be more stringent than other loans, and our house still appraised well and passed the VA inspections. Homeowners insurance wasn't difficult for us or the new homeowners to obtain. Honestly, this has been the easiest sale we've ever been through, and we've been through several.

Hope this encourages those of you in a similar situation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2017, 10:09 AM

5,020 posts, read 7,444,244 times
Congratulations!
Good for you!

Old 06-05-2017, 11:19 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,416,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridagirl777 View Post
Honestly, this has been the easiest sale we've ever been through, and we've been through several.
then you didn't ask for high enough price (joking).....congrats, you must be relieved.

Old 06-05-2017, 11:27 AM

1,024 posts, read 1,799,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
then you didn't ask for high enough price (joking).....congrats, you must be relieved.
Ha! True!!! Although I'm not sure it would have appraised!!

Thanks. We are extremely relieved.

Old 06-05-2017, 04:32 PM

30,395 posts, read 21,215,773 times
Another house sold in deadhill.

Old 06-05-2017, 09:11 PM

5,687 posts, read 7,177,253 times
I told you years ago that you'd sell it, and you did. Congrats!

Old 06-08-2017, 06:14 AM

78 posts, read 57,793 times
What a relief! Congratulations!!!

Old 06-09-2017, 04:12 AM

676 posts, read 1,271,021 times
Congratulations!

Old 06-11-2017, 07:32 PM

150 posts, read 392,968 times
After the death of family in 2014, we sold an unrepaired sink hole home in Spring Hill. We had all the engineering reports, and it was all done legally with a real estate agent knowledgeable in sink hole sales. It was not updated, but a reasonably maintained, 3/2, pool house, not in an especially good location, and it sold for $55K. I tell this because the real estate agents in Tampa told us to just walk away from it, it was unsalable. Instead, I used an agent in Spring Hill who knew more about this matter. So, do your homework, be fully transparent, and even an unrepaired house can be sold.

Old 06-28-2017, 09:19 PM

18 posts, read 34,329 times
THe housing market is insane in Spring Hill. I have been trying to buy a house there and everytime I drive down there from Lake CIty, most of the houses are snapped up in days. This is the third house I have tried to buy. FIrst house I tried to haggle over closing and someone came from behind and paid; second house was under appraisal by 20K and hopefully this house is a go. The appraisal just occurred today.. I've never lived in Spring HIll before but I like the area; it's still not over congested but the housing market is skyrocketing. So if you want to sell I would do it now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay