Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2008, 03:18 PM

33 posts, read 96,176 times

Advertisements

I don't really have allergies and neither does the rest of my family thank goodness. The smog/air pollution is usually what affects me. In Nashville especially it tends to just hang and because of the geography it doesn't move out. Ugh...It's like even when the sky is blue here it's just light blue...never that bright gorgeous blue that I have seen in pics of the Tampa area.

Mike-I see you are in Weekee Wachee...can you answer a few questions for me? If my family moves to Spring Hill area realistically about how long would it take my husband to get to the airport if he leaves about 4:30am? And if my child is in school in NPR about how long would it take us to get down there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2008, 06:46 AM

8,489 posts, read 20,643,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmTreeLover99 View Post
I don't really have allergies and neither does the rest of my family thank goodness. The smog/air pollution is usually what affects me. In Nashville especially it tends to just hang and because of the geography it doesn't move out. Ugh...It's like even when the sky is blue here it's just light blue...never that bright gorgeous blue that I have seen in pics of the Tampa area.

Mike-I see you are in Weekee Wachee...can you answer a few questions for me? If my family moves to Spring Hill area realistically about how long would it take my husband to get to the airport if he leaves about 4:30am? And if my child is in school in NPR about how long would it take us to get down there?
My house to the airport at 4:30 is no more than 40-50 minutes.
Where in NPR is the school?
It takes me 25 minutes to get to the Gulfview Mall during the busier times of day.
I am north of SR 50 right off US19

Old 06-22-2008, 09:56 AM
Air

150 posts, read 537,981 times
Default Comparison of Florida Counties

You can make your own choice of comparison, although not all counties are represented. Tampa area does stand out as worse than other parts of florida.

If the image doesn't show, link to U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and look for Compare Air

Old 06-22-2008, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Air View Post
You can make your own choice of comparison, although not all counties are represented. Tampa area does stand out as worse than other parts of florida.

If the image doesn't show, link to U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and look for Compare Air

Air Quality Index 0-50 is good
Seems like all of Florida is good to me.
Well, almost all.

Old 03-07-2010, 10:10 PM

210 posts, read 665,171 times
I'm from Tampa and just moved to Nashville, my allergies were much worse down there. My doctor believes my condition is due to emissions from the coal burning Big Bend power plant.

Old 03-08-2010, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NativeFloridan View Post
I'm from Tampa and just moved to Nashville, my allergies were much worse down there. My doctor believes my condition is due to emissions from the coal burning Big Bend power plant.
Don't you have a big coal fired plant about 30 miles north of Nashville in Gallatin?

Big Bend is close to Apollo Beach which is about 20 miles from downtown Tampa.

Old 04-08-2010, 04:21 PM

13,768 posts, read 38,197,572 times
I never had a problem with allergies in Tampa but when I go to N. AL during spring and fall, I definitely can tell the difference.

The air quality is not bad in Tampa.

Old 04-08-2010, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeper View Post
I never had a problem with allergies in Tampa but when I go to N. AL during spring and fall, I definitely can tell the difference.

The air quality is not bad in Tampa.
My allergies have been bad the last week or so.
With the longer cold stretch everything seems to be throwing pollen out at the same time now.

They usually only get to me for about 2-3 weeks this time of year and a few weeks later in the year.

Old 04-08-2010, 04:47 PM

3,381 posts, read 9,123,759 times
Did you say.... Coal Burning Powe Plant of Big Bend? This is near Riverview. Please do not tell me the air in Riverview is bad.

Old 04-08-2010, 05:30 PM

2,602 posts, read 8,304,420 times
My allergies only last for a few days and I think it's when the pollen really piles up. Once it rains a few times, I'm back to normal.

Other than that, I've never been bothered by the air in Tampa/St. Pete. Sure, you might get caught behind a bus or semi truck, but that's about the only time the air has ever bothered me. Never had a problem with the Big Bend plant, either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay