Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2016, 09:17 AM

1,450 posts, read 1,214,902 times

Advertisements

I have been looking in Citrus county the past year. Every home she sends me has the valeted ceilings and open concept design. Are there no homes north of Tamps area were the homes are brick, have a separate living-room and conventional 8 feet ceilings?

Would I have better chances somewhere north in the panhandle area?

Old 08-05-2016, 09:54 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,187,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldDocKat View Post
I have been looking in Citrus county the past year. Every home she sends me has the valeted ceilings and open concept design. Are there no homes north of Tamps area were the homes are brick, have a separate living-room and conventional 8 feet ceilings?

Would I have better chances somewhere north in the panhandle area?
Tell your agent exactly what you are looking for. If that doesn't do it, get a new realtor.

Old 08-05-2016, 10:24 AM

1,450 posts, read 1,214,902 times
I have tried over six months now. With three realtors, all send me homes for sale with vaulted ceilings and open kitchens, quite often with tole in the living room and sometimes bedrooms.

I like carpet, as it is warmer in winter. I prefer a brick home, with a conventional style and 1 1.2 bathrooms will do. Since thus style in so unpopular today, I figured if such a home existed, it would stay on the market a long time?

I bet there are not any home like this other in the older highly urban area, which I do not want to live. I do have a condo in Clearwater, yet there I need someone to carry me to the store.

Maybe the Florida has better chances for me? I need to move from Alabama, as here I have free property taxes, bit my income tax is near ten times my Federal tax bite. It would pay the difference.

Old 08-05-2016, 11:01 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,187,514 times
You want something like this?
58 Beverly Hills Boulevard, Beverly Hills, FL For Sale | Trulia.com

11 Cypress Boulevard East, Homosassa, FL For Sale | Trulia.com

58 Beverly Hills Boulevard, Beverly Hills, FL For Sale | Trulia.com

90 South Lee Street, Beverly Hills, FL For Sale | Trulia.com

5144 East Tangelo Lane, Inverness, FL For Sale | Trulia.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldDocKat View Post
I have tried over six months now. With three realtors, all send me homes for sale with vaulted ceilings and open kitchens, quite often with tole in the living room and sometimes bedrooms.

I like carpet, as it is warmer in winter. I prefer a brick home, with a conventional style and 1 1.2 bathrooms will do. Since thus style in so unpopular today, I figured if such a home existed, it would stay on the market a long time?

I bet there are not any home like this other in the older highly urban area, which I do not want to live. I do have a condo in Clearwater, yet there I need someone to carry me to the store.

Maybe the Florida has better chances for me? I need to move from Alabama, as here I have free property taxes, bit my income tax is near ten times my Federal tax bite. It would pay the difference.

Old 08-05-2016, 07:51 PM

71 posts, read 78,576 times
There are, but you'll mostly get gated communities and golf courses for that, so expect your neighbors there to be infuriating retirees.
There are a few lower-middle-class suburban neighborhoods in the area.

In either case, your neighbors will mostly be nothing spectacular or likeable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay