Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2016, 01:40 PM

82 posts, read 70,642 times

Advertisements

Please no bashing, no negativity, no opposing opinions, and no judging.

This is a question that I need answered without harsh words. It's already a sensitive subject for me and I don't need it to be any harder. So, if you don't have any positive support to offer, please do not respond.

Are there any residential facilities (not mental health) for troubled youth? This person does not qualify to go to a state assisted facility that is provided by the DJJ. So, I need other recommendations. At this point, the person needs to stay at a facility for treatment.

If this person continues down the defiant and disrespectful path they are on, it could lead them to major conflicts as a young adult and older. It is time to deal with this situation now and not wait any longer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2016, 02:24 PM

5,982 posts, read 7,411,659 times
You might want to contact the Eckerd Foundation. They handle a lot of youngsters in this regard, although they are typically kids who are wards of the state or need placement for various reasons, one of which is for behavioral health treatment.

I don't think they have any facilities of their own, but they will certainly know of them.

Good luck,

RM

Old 07-26-2016, 04:28 PM

1,466 posts, read 3,084,784 times
You probably have already tried talking to a licensed mental health counsellor or a psychologist first. yourself I mean to see if they can help advise on what you should do next. Might even be worth trying one of those if you have not already. I know a decent psychologist in Dunedin, he is an older guy, but with a cool younger attitude. Your doctor may be able to recommend a LMHC it all depends on what the issues are, which you dont need to be discussing on here. Whatever - they will be well versed in solutions that may require a center for a period of time, which is usually a last resort. You sound very stressed, I am sorry.

I sincerely hope you both get through this tough time.

Old 07-26-2016, 04:33 PM

4,091 posts, read 6,028,339 times
The Crisis Center is set up to help people find all types of services. Have you checked with them?

Old 07-27-2016, 08:17 AM

6,619 posts, read 5,024,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColS View Post
Please no bashing, no negativity, no opposing opinions, and no judging.

This is a question that I need answered without harsh words. It's already a sensitive subject for me and I don't need it to be any harder. So, if you don't have any positive support to offer, please do not respond.

Are there any residential facilities (not mental health) for troubled youth? This person does not qualify to go to a state assisted facility that is provided by the DJJ. So, I need other recommendations. At this point, the person needs to stay at a facility for treatment.

If this person continues down the defiant and disrespectful path they are on, it could lead them to major conflicts as a young adult and older. It is time to deal with this situation now and not wait any longer.
I am not judging, I guess your (not mental health) statement raises questions, most disruptive\destructive behavior has an underlying cause while not necessarily a mental condition it is nonetheless best explored and dealt with a mental health professional, any kind of facility unless is a boot camp kind of deal will have a mental health component to it.

Old 07-27-2016, 02:56 PM

82 posts, read 70,642 times
Thank you all. I knew someone would have the answer. Some of the suggestions have already been explored or will be explored. I appreciate the info.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
View detailed profiles of: