Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2016, 03:34 PM

10 posts, read 13,944 times

Advertisements

Trying to decide on buying a house in East Lake (34685) or in West Palm Harbor (34683). Both areas seem to be nice and we are renting in Lansbrook of East Lake. Love it here but houses are very close together. Love that it's very green over here and closer to Safety Harbor and Chestnut Park. Also, doesn't seem so congested. I like that West Palm Harbor is a little more diverse,has a little downtown, and is closer to Dunedin, which we love. Seems to have more of a community feel? It would add more of a commute time for both my husband and I but want to make the right decision for the family and our lifestyle. Is Palm Harbor University better than East Lake High and is East Lake losing it's value lately? Seems houses on the West side go faster? As you can see, we are torn. Would love some local input
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2016, 04:18 AM

63 posts, read 131,239 times
I live in Dunedin and love the small Palm Harbor downtown area. Fireside Pizza is the best pizza in the area. Thirsty Marlin is great and it's a nice small area. Grocery store not too far away either. Two craft breweries there too. I prefer the small downtowns like Palm Harbor myself. I don't know a thing about East Lake.

Old 03-21-2016, 10:53 AM

279 posts, read 508,766 times
We had the same decision and went with the West part of PH. No remorse and we love being closer to the coast.

Old 03-21-2016, 01:56 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,658,886 times
You really can't go wrong with either...I live in 34683 (full disclosure)...many beautiful subdivisions in both places...I would say Palm Harbor University is superior to Eastlake but if your child is a good student they will do fine in either...why don't you just decide by what home you like better regardless of side?

Old 03-21-2016, 07:44 PM

Thanks for your input! I think I have more of a pull to the west side but my husband is currently commuting to New Port Richey and might be transferred to New Tampa Is that a bad drive from East Lake? We've also been looking at Wesley Chapel. Any info on that area?

Old 03-21-2016, 07:47 PM

1,024 posts, read 1,801,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twgerber View Post
I live in Dunedin and love the small Palm Harbor downtown area. Fireside Pizza is the best pizza in the area. Thirsty Marlin is great and it's a nice small area. Grocery store not too far away either. Two craft breweries there too. I prefer the small downtowns like Palm Harbor myself. I don't know a thing about East Lake.
Totally agree with this, but wanted to add a plug for Coolside Gelato, right next to Fireside. That place has the BEST ice cream ever!

Old 03-21-2016, 07:57 PM

2,006 posts, read 3,322,190 times
The thing I haven't figured out is why East Lake High School has dropped from a 9 to a 7 rating. The area still seems great.

Old 03-21-2016, 08:11 PM

Can't figure that out either. I was surprised East Lake High is a 7. We are torn. I love the small town local charm on West side. Does it get really congested over there with traffic and snowbirds? Also, is the crime worse over there?

Old 03-28-2016, 06:37 PM

1 posts, read 2,110 times
The drive from East Lake to NPR and Wesley Chapel would be far less than living in the west side of Palm Harbor. Palm Harbor school are far superior to Wesley Chapel, however if you have a smart child they should thrive wherever. I too was torn between West PH and Landsbrooke/Safety Harbor. We chose West and are extremely happy here

Old 03-30-2016, 12:33 PM

38 posts, read 49,127 times
We live in 34683 and had the same choice to make. We ultimately chose this side because of the schools and convenience (even though we are zoned for Lake St George elem which we love anyways)......there is no where on the other side of 19 that you can be in both Palm Harbor Middle and High and that's what we wanted....aside from that we love the convenience of everything in 34683 - most notably we don't have to deal with 19 much - we go to the causeway in 5 minutes, downtown dunedin or palm harbor in about the same....we love it here!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay