Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2016, 09:17 PM

3,826 posts, read 5,811,713 times

Advertisements

Looking for people with experience for eviction process in Pasco County - how long it took and how much was it?
Realistically speaking, how long would it take to evict someone?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2016, 03:24 AM

14,561 posts, read 23,076,603 times
Depends on if they put up a fight or not.

Old 02-09-2016, 05:44 AM
KPB

1,517 posts, read 1,526,905 times
I had to do it in Hillsborough. It was easy and took about 30 days.
Instead of hiring a company to handle it I went to the county courthouse and filled out a form and paid a $75 processing fee per adult I was evicting. (Each adult has to be evicted individually).

The next day a deputy comes out and tapes a 30 notice of eviction on the door. In mine and I'd imagine most cases the tennant leaves within 30 days but if they don't I think you have to go back to courthouse and fill out another form, the deputy comes back out, tapes a 10 day notice on the door and deputy comes back on 10th day to make sure tennant is out, if they're not out there stuff can be put out on the street at that time.
There are companies like this Evictions Plus | Independent Eviction Services. that will handle the eviction for you for about $300 per adult but its easy to go to the courthouse and do it yourself.

Old 02-09-2016, 06:54 AM

Does the judge need to grant the eviction prior to sheriff getting involved?
Can judge give people more time if they will show up at court with sad story?
How soon can you start the eviction process for no payment?

Old 02-09-2016, 11:01 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,767,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EngGirl View Post
Looking for people with experience for eviction process in Pasco County - how long it took and how much was it?
Realistically speaking, how long would it take to evict someone?
The fastest we got someone evicted was approx. 17 days and all of the cases didn't take longer than 30 days.

Pasco County is fast as long as you have all paperwork ready and file the right papers and get the tenants served. We usually serve tenants lightning fast

Judges are fast and don't take any sob stories which means that whatever party has the evidence matching the claim will win fast even if the other party will file 44 pages as we have seen.

Writ of possession will take a little longer but the sheriff usually is fast. judges don't go for any story! They will go by money paid or not. If a tenant claims "repairs" than the answer is that they have to pay into the court registry and we never had anyone paying into the registry which meant "eviction".

If you end up with a tenant paying into the registry than it will take longer but it has to be a valid reason.

Old 02-09-2016, 12:07 PM

Thank you bentlebee!

Basically is the agreements states $50 per day for late payments is due starting day 3, and after 10 days the agreement calls for default, it means if people didn't pay on day 10 you can start the process my delivering 3 days notice? (what if they are refusing to accept it?), and after 3 full days you can file with the Court, correct? And then do you have to wait for the case to be heard? I read so many stories how some people are playing the system and delaying the court date, so they can leave rent free... it's scary!
And if and after judge grunts the eviction, you need to contact sheriff's office, correct?

Any tips on what to pay attention and traps to avoid dealing with bad tenants who are about to be evicted?

Old 02-09-2016, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Thank you bentlebee!

Basically is the agreements states $50 per day for late payments is due starting day 3, and after 10 days the agreement calls for default, it means if people didn't pay on day 10 you can start the process my delivering 3 days notice? (what if they are refusing to accept it?), and after 3 full days you can file with the Court, correct? And then do you have to wait for the case to be heard? I read so many stories how some people are playing the system and delaying the court date, so they can leave rent free... it's scary!
And if and after judge grunts the eviction, you need to contact sheriff's office, correct?

Any tips on what to pay attention and traps to avoid dealing with bad tenants who are about to be evicted?
BACKGROUND CHECK /CREDIT REPORT!!!

Posting 3 day notice for unpaid rent, but be aware to fill it out corectly. After the 3 legal days are over file immediately in court. That is what we do unless we deal with tenants that have communicated with us and are known for doing what they are saying but all others it is ...court filing and out!

Old 02-09-2016, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
BACKGROUND CHECK /CREDIT REPORT!!!

Posting 3 day notice for unpaid rent, but be aware to fill it out corectly. After the 3 legal days are over file immediately in court. That is what we do unless we deal with tenants that have communicated with us and are known for doing what they are saying but all others it is ...court filing and out!
For the future references, what exactly to look at credit report? Knowing how many people defaulted on their houses within last 7 years no wonder credit scores might be not so great.

Old 02-09-2016, 05:03 PM

Quote:
For the future references, what exactly to look at credit report? Knowing how many people defaulted on their houses within last 7 years no wonder credit scores might be not so great.
Well I'm not disclosing everything we check for as we seem to do a good thing in protecting owners from dealing with evictions. Only the tenants we advised the owners not to rent to but the owners still wanted to go ahead and rent the property to, are the ones we had to evict (of course not all cases).

A short sale or foreclosure are not big deals and everyone who has this on their report needed a place to live and hasn't been an issue for us.

Old 02-09-2016, 06:33 PM

When we got our house for rent, we got like 6 people within a few weeks, and ALL of them had eviction in their records. So, the first one without one got a lease... only to be evicted....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay