Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2008, 10:18 AM

849 posts, read 3,531,348 times

Advertisements

Palm Harbor is REALLY far away from St.Pete or Tampa.
That's ridiculous at any age and at 23???? Was it an ABA certified program? She was the age most people go to law school. I doubt all those law students have worked in a firm first. LOL
There are lots of big firms in Tampa in the Westshore or Downtown areas. These are the guys who do contingency work and advertise heavily but there's so much of that work here and not all of them are "ambulance chasers." I'm using one now for an auto accident. With no-fault insurance, you're liable for 20% of my bills unless you sue the driver who caused the accident.
There are a number of law firms in Clearwater 'cause that's where the courts are as well as in Downtown St. Pete and Downtown Tampa. Separate counties BTW. Clearwater is the county seat of Pinellas and Tampa is Hillsborough.
Palm Harbor IS really far from the parts of Tampa where the jobs are and I don't think there are many manufacturing facilities up that a way for you. it would be a tough commute but if your wife found a good job in Clearwater, it wouldn't be too bad for her. Neither would Seminole or parts of St. Pete. Seminole is a nice suburban family area but next to st. Pete and just a bout 2 miles from the beaches.

JESS....Thanks for the response.

My wife can relate! She said that after graduating from college and applying for paralegal school, her instructors told her that she would never get a job as a paralegal unless she was already working at a law firm. They were surprised she was even seeking a paralegal certificate without having a job at a law firm. (This was when she was only 23 years old!)

Well....20 years later, and never having a problem finding a job at a law firm, I guess they were proven wrong!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay