Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2015, 09:56 AM

5,024 posts, read 5,661,738 times

Advertisements

Hello,

Looking for a good spot or idea for a Bachelor Party in the TB Area. Want to have a fun time/possibly a couple drinks, but by no means anything crazy, just a good time. It would either be on the 30th or 31st of Dec. or 1st of Jan. (I understand finding a mellow place on the 31st may be impossible, but even if there is a cool New Years Fireworks show somewhere in Tampa that'd be fun.

The main ideas I've had thus far are:
Tampa Bay Lightning Game+Grabbing some drinks/good eats somewhere before(they are home on the 30th)
Fort DeSoto State Park (possibly even camping, but at least relaxing, BBQing, maybe even having a bonfire or something.
Group bike ride/food/drink tour on the Pinellas Trail hitting the Sponge Docks and/or Dunedin Brewing, among others.

I'm big on outdoors stuff, sports, history, museums, and good food, but I don't want to bore my group with history stuff and I feel like a museum bachelor party would not work out too well.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2015, 10:16 AM

819 posts, read 1,407,915 times
Downtown St Pete might be a nice option. It's close access to the trail, and there are several bike shops that rent if you have non-locals coming. There's tons of good food and drink options that you can walk between. Green Bench Brewing is a great local brewery down there that often has unusual things going on, like movies on the lawn on the side of the building, etc. Try Engine #9 too if you like burgers. There's several museums if you did want to do that; Fine Arts, History, of course the Dali, Chihuly, etc. Ft DeSoto isn't far, just make sure what you're wanting to do is actually available before planning it. I've seen some threads about certain aspects of the park being closed due to budget cuts so I don't know if all of its features are available at all times. St Pete Beach is close by if you want to do a beach or beach bar day, pub crawl, etc.

Hotels may get fairly expensive and booked up since it includes NYE, so you may want to check on availability soon, and ensure your boys will be able to cover those costs.

Old 08-14-2015, 12:38 PM

4,091 posts, read 6,010,760 times
https://youtu.be/eFKBzm4CdsE

Old 08-14-2015, 01:10 PM

7,150 posts, read 4,900,681 times
Most couples, especially those about to wed, would probably like to be together on NYE, so that seems an odd date for a bachelor's party.

Old 08-14-2015, 05:42 PM

Maniac: That looks pretty sweet, cool idea.

SPB: likewise. Is the section of trail around St. Pete safe? Looks like that earlier portion runs through some not so nice neighborhoods. That area in general is cool so I will keep all those places in mind.

Both: good point about making sure hotels are booked. That will be a necessity, as the wedding itself will be on the 2nd, and with a majority of the wedding party coming from out of state (Cleveland, San Jose, Virginia, Connecticut) doing a separate trip would be way too financially inconvenient. If anyone else has any other suggestions, feel free to share!

Old 08-15-2015, 12:16 AM

819 posts, read 1,407,915 times
Yes on the trail being safe. It's a great ride, even through areas you probably wouldn't hang out in at night.

Old 08-16-2015, 06:12 AM

Nice. That's definitely an option also then. Of course someone else mentioned how there are bars right on St. Pete Beach so that could be a good option, but does anyone know if any of the beaches/state parks in the area have an open container policy that would allow alcohol? I was even thinking about a camping trip, and so that might be cool to know.

Old 08-16-2015, 10:53 AM

Don't know about St. Pete, but the Tampa Riverwalk allows open containers. And it had bars strategically placed around the walk.

Old 08-16-2015, 11:36 AM

Really. That's enticing. Especially since we could park in one spot then take train around. Any particular Riverwalk bars you recommend?

Old 08-16-2015, 11:58 AM

I'm embarrassed to say I haven't been to the Riverwalk since they got their license. However, there are supposed to be popup bars as well as the mainstays. The biggest seems to be bar inside the Tampa Museum. There's also Aloft on the other side of Kennedy. They both look like places I'd check out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay