Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2014, 08:04 PM

5,687 posts, read 7,183,271 times

Advertisements

There's a problem in South Pointe (dear lord, why do they have to put an "e" on the end, like it's supposed to impart an aura of class or something? Sheesh!)

Anyway, it's not exactly the Mormon Tabernacle Choir that's causing the problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2015, 02:33 PM

10 posts, read 11,558 times
I'm a little late to this convo BUT ... We were looking to move to Wesley Chapel within the next year or two. (Moving to be near family) After doing some job hunting it appears there may be a much larger job market in Riverview than Wesley Chapel. We have a 2yr old and a 4yr old and we are NOT used to any "gang activity" where we're from in Pennsylvania. Are there any other areas that you would recommend? (Decent job market, good schools, close to shopping, no outrageous flood insurance)

Thank you in advance!

Old 02-27-2015, 04:09 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,448,899 times
I usually like to live close to work - but Riverview is very close to several areas. One could live in a nice Brandon/Valrico neighborhood with a relatively short commute to Riverview. I'd investigate the schools from the area first. Most of these communities are close to shopping and out of flood zones. I see a lot of nice looking schools in the Boyette Springs area and near the community of Bloomingdale. Looks like nicer places to live.....

http://boyettesprings.mysdhc.org/

Old 02-27-2015, 08:28 PM

1,905 posts, read 2,790,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrittMommy View Post
I'm a little late to this convo BUT ... We were looking to move to Wesley Chapel within the next year or two. (Moving to be near family) After doing some job hunting it appears there may be a much larger job market in Riverview than Wesley Chapel. We have a 2yr old and a 4yr old and we are NOT used to any "gang activity" where we're from in Pennsylvania. Are there any other areas that you would recommend? (Decent job market, good schools, close to shopping, no outrageous flood insurance)

Thank you in advance!
Riverview is just fine but also check out New Tampa, Westchase and Carrollwood.

Old 02-27-2015, 09:37 PM

1,818 posts, read 1,529,014 times
Riverview is a suburb area the same as Wesley Chapel - most likely anyone would be commuting somewhere else and both are "easily"...and I use the term loosely....commutable to the greater Tampa area.

Wesley Chapel and New Tampa are a bit nicer than Riverview. Parts of Riverview are quite nice but there are some not so attractive pockets. It is a little more transitional than Wesley Chapel.

I would just be very careful making a decision and spend time in both areas and do further job searching before making any concrete plans.

Good luck!

Old 03-02-2015, 08:21 AM

10 posts, read 11,558 times
Thank you all for your responses! I'll take a look at a few of the areas mentioned and be a bit cautious of exact areas in the Riverview area.

Thanks again!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay