Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2014, 09:03 PM

22 posts, read 23,136 times

Advertisements

Hello I left Port Saint Lucie for Houston tx but we miss the Florida lifestyle ( beaches theme parks etc) Port Saint Lucie was nice but is boring I'm born and raised in Philly so I need city life ...my wife is a rn and we know fl has lower pay rates but we do ok I am a OTR trucker ...my question is we are going to move to tampa we are going to look at apartments in soho Hyde park and new tampa along with Wesley chapel for the suburbs can anyone give us some other sections to look into..our budget is 1300 to 1500 a month for a 3 bedroom as we have 2 sons one will be in high school the other in 5 the grade ....thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2014, 05:15 AM

4,586 posts, read 5,629,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by triz19120 View Post
Hello I left Port Saint Lucie for Houston tx but we miss the Florida lifestyle ( beaches theme parks etc) Port Saint Lucie was nice but is boring I'm born and raised in Philly so I need city life ...my wife is a rn and we know fl has lower pay rates but we do ok I am a OTR trucker ...my question is we are going to move to tampa we are going to look at apartments in soho Hyde park and new tampa along with Wesley chapel for the suburbs can anyone give us some other sections to look into..our budget is 1300 to 1500 a month for a 3 bedroom as we have 2 sons one will be in high school the other in 5 the grade ....thanks
IF city life is what you're looking for those areas you mentioned could not be any further from "city life"!

You want to be in Miami. There's no "city life" in the sense you are referring to in Tampa anywhere.

Old 03-04-2014, 08:29 PM

When I say city life I mean being close to activities having access to public transportation (I know tamp as is limited) plus having the beach close I love Miami but don't want to live there plus my company has a terminal in Lakeland which is closer to tampa

Old 03-05-2014, 06:22 AM

4,586 posts, read 5,629,845 times
Quote:
When I say city life I mean being close to activities having access to public transportation (I know tamp as is limited) plus having the beach close I love Miami but don't want to live there plus my company has a terminal in Lakeland which is closer to tampa
There's no PT that will make life easier for you anywhere in Florida. Lakeland is NOT close to any beaches. I am not sure what type of activities you are referring to, but everything here involves driving. You would have to live in Clearwater etc to be "close" to the beach.

Old 03-05-2014, 06:46 AM

790 posts, read 1,273,507 times
Quote:
Hello I left Port Saint Lucie for Houston tx but we miss the Florida lifestyle

you mean the aggressive drivers and low paying jobs?

Old 03-05-2014, 07:48 AM

3,928 posts, read 11,627,083 times
Triz, please disregard the snarky remarks. Some posters here do that to boost their own low self esteem.

I think the three areas in your list are good for what you want. They cover a wide area and range of possibilities. If it were me, I would let the school ratings guide me particularly High School. Elementary Schools are mostly good. It's Middle and High that ratings change for the worse.

Wesley Chapel is newer and there are lots of local services but if you're planning to attend pro-sports games or go to the beach often, it's still very rural and the furthest away. Same with New Tampa though if you don't live here, telling the difference between the two isn't so obvious. New Tampa is in Hillsborough County; Wesley Chapel is in Pasco County so your schools, utilities and other things will be different.

SoHo is closest to the action and a much shorter commute to Gulf beaches though all three will require pre-planning to get there.

Old 03-05-2014, 08:10 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,559,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoProIP View Post
IF city life is what you're looking for those areas you mentioned could not be any further from "city life"!

You want to be in Miami. There's no "city life" in the sense you are referring to in Tampa anywhere.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The b8nk View Post

Lucky you - you've gotten the two Negative Nancys to respond to your request for information.

Old 03-05-2014, 08:14 AM

Thanks y'all I don't think they noticed I'm my post that I lived in Florida before and that I knew about the lower pay scale but that I'm a OTR trucker so that won't be a problem for me

Old 03-06-2014, 06:49 AM

201 posts, read 238,981 times
Your wife will have no problem finding a job in any part of Tampa (or Florida for that matter). RNs are always in demand. Some people just moved to our street and they said they chose the area because of the schools (South Brandon). Their oldest is 5 years, I think. We are about just over 1 mile from elementary, middle and high schools.

Brandon has grown tremendously in the 30 years we've been here but is still manageable. Fortunately I don't have to drive during rush hour.

Old 03-06-2014, 07:34 AM

2,763 posts, read 5,775,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The b8nk View Post
I totally laughed out loud at that one. So true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay