Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2013, 01:39 PM

14 posts, read 25,038 times

Advertisements

I read the comments on Lutz. What about riverview? Good or bad?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2013, 01:43 PM

30,413 posts, read 21,222,541 times
It was a rough area back in the early 80's. I'm sure it's built up and changed since the last time i was there around 28 years ago.

Old 08-25-2013, 02:54 PM

5,977 posts, read 7,367,852 times
Depends. Riverview encompasses a pretty large and very diverse area. Can you be more specific?

RM

Old 08-25-2013, 08:31 PM

670 posts, read 1,277,262 times
I live in South Riverview and it is very nice here. Used to be cow pastures and is a fast growing community with a lot of development and future development planned. It is like any other place, not perfect, has had some crimes but I feel very safe here overall and think that its a great family community with affordable housing, some decent schools and not too far from Tampa.

Old 08-25-2013, 08:53 PM

6,617 posts, read 5,006,870 times
If you are commuting to St Pete you are going to want to stay as close to the crosstown as possible. I don;t dislike Riverview per se, I would be wary because of how bad Riverview fared during the collapse, I mean the bottom fell completely off. I also think the same can be said for a lot of the newer communities that are not in well established areas.

Old 08-26-2013, 05:37 AM

641 posts, read 1,020,381 times
depends on the area...Riverview is huge now anything in the Summerfield area is sketchy..Fishhawk is real nice..Boyette has become rundown but not much crime. Bloomingdale area by Target is decent except for Bayou Crossings.

Old 08-26-2013, 06:19 AM

4,586 posts, read 5,608,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happy4once View Post
I read the comments on Lutz. What about riverview? Good or bad?
Wouldn't live there if you paid me. Cookie cutter world/middle of nowhere/far from everything.

Old 08-26-2013, 07:22 AM

1,163 posts, read 2,099,314 times
I personally do not like what I call "suburban hell", so places like Riverview/Lithia/Westchase do not appeal to me at all. Essentially, there are subdivisions all over the place where the houses are all crammed together and appear similar to each other...and the same chain restaurants appear close by with cliche shopping centers that include: Publix, a nail salon, a subway, and something else mundane.

Now, if that is your thing...then I don't think anything is wrong with Riverview itself.

I would clarify where exactly in Riverview you are searching. It is obvious some of the people on here do not know what is Riverview and what is not. Fishhawk is not. That would be Lithia.

Essentially, the southern portion of Riverview is quite rural in contrast to the subdivision sprawl of most of it...with the exception of Panther Trace. Begins to fade into Balm/Wimauma even further down. However, those rural areas are being swallowed up by more subdivisions...some new plots and some that have been rejuvenated once abandoned during the real estate crash.

Old 08-26-2013, 08:09 AM

1,725 posts, read 3,462,265 times
Riverview did get hit pretty hard as prices have been lower in that area for a comparable home for quite a while.

Yes, there are Master Planned Communities (Large Subdivisions) around Riverview that are being built right now. But there are a lot of areas that don't look or feel like subdivisions with homes lining the streets. These are well established neighborhoods where houses look very different than the neighbors. Depending where, these may or may not have large yards, but some certainly do. Also, some of these well established areas have no HOA, almost all have no CDD, but you do pay Hillsborough taxes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay