Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2013, 03:57 PM

1,168 posts, read 2,399,145 times

Advertisements

Which has the most to offer?

Important things to me? High quality apartments at a reasonable price, availability of a health food / organic grocery, short drive to the coast/beach, not too remote.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2013, 04:45 PM

1,163 posts, read 2,100,993 times
I personally like Dunedin the most of those 3...Clearwater the least, mainly due to the traffic.

Dunedin has it's own little personality that I like whenever I am around there. It feels small and local in such a big place. The downtown area is great and always vibrant with activities and local shops to patronize. It isn't far to the beach, either.

If it wouldn't add another 30 minutes to my commute, I would absolutely be including Dunedin into my home search.

Old 03-26-2013, 04:52 PM

2,111 posts, read 7,952,689 times
I normally vacation on Clearwater Beach but would love to get a condo either in Dunedin or Safety Harbor which I understand is similar to Dunedin. I like the same, shopping, walking, restaurants etc. We use to stay on the strip on Clearwater Beach and was within walking distance of a lot of things there.

Old 03-26-2013, 09:39 PM

1,024 posts, read 1,801,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimdc58 View Post
Which has the most to offer?

Important things to me? High quality apartments at a reasonable price, availability of a health food / organic grocery, short drive to the coast/beach, not too remote.
Of the 3 you named, I'd pick the following in the order listed:

#1 Dunedin
#2 Palm Harbor
#3 Clearwater

Old 03-27-2013, 08:18 AM

8,704 posts, read 10,907,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridagirl777 View Post
Of the 3 you named, I'd pick the following in the order listed:

#1 Dunedin
#2 Palm Harbor
#3 Clearwater
I would just put in a caveat that the northern half of Clearwater would be where one should consider in option #3. IMO, the southern part of Clearwater is pretty sketchy.

With that said, you really can't go wrong with all three.

Old 03-27-2013, 08:36 AM

1,024 posts, read 1,801,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriusH8r View Post
I would just put in a caveat that the northern half of Clearwater would be where one should consider in option #3. IMO, the southern part of Clearwater is pretty sketchy.

With that said, you really can't go wrong with all three.
Agreed!

Old 03-28-2013, 07:27 AM

70 posts, read 177,636 times
The Countryside section of Clearwater would probably be the one referred to above. It's a nice area with the Countryside Mall and other shopping in it and is located next to Dunedin and Palm Harbor.

None of the areas are far from the beach unless you go to the East Lake section of Palm Harbor.

Organic grocery stores in Clearwater (Nature's Food Patch) and Palm Harbor (don't know its name but on US 19 just north of Curlew - which is also not far from the Countryside area).

Old 03-28-2013, 07:41 AM

8,704 posts, read 10,907,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnedd View Post
The Countryside section of Clearwater would probably be the one referred to above. It's a nice area with the Countryside Mall and other shopping in it and is located next to Dunedin and Palm Harbor.

None of the areas are far from the beach unless you go to the East Lake section of Palm Harbor.

Organic grocery stores in Clearwater (Nature's Food Patch) and Palm Harbor (don't know its name but on US 19 just north of Curlew - which is also not far from the Countryside area).
Yes, the Countryside area is what I was referring to.

Oh and we live in the East Lake section of Palm Harbor. It is not far to the beaches, IMO. We can get to the beach in Tarpon Springs in 20 minutes. To Honeymoon Island in 22 minutes and Clearwater Beach in 30 minutes. So it actually gives is great access to beaches up and down the coast. Granted, west Palm Harbor has even better access, but there are trade-offs for that.

Old 03-30-2013, 02:36 PM

1,168 posts, read 2,399,145 times
Thanks to all for the feedback.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay