Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 12:02 PM

9 posts, read 54,859 times

Advertisements

Hello all. I am a newbie here and I am planning on relocating to the Tampa Bay area from Michigan with my fiance (no children).

We are looking for a 2-3 bedroom condo or townhouse for rent with an attached garage (one is okay).

We have found this property: Suncoast Villa Apartments Photos and 360 Tours, but it is located in Spring Hill (from what I understand it's almost an hour away from Tampa), but we would like to be closer to the area.

Does anyone know of a similar property that's closer to the Bay? An attached garage is a must and a florida room would be great.

Thank you for reading!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2007, 02:06 PM

20 posts, read 122,608 times
I am from Michigan and plan to move to Tampa at the end of the month, what a coincidence! Last week I went to Tampa to look for apartments. Here are some places that you may want to check out:

Vantage Point Condos -vantagepointcondos.com

Citrus Falls Apartments -
View Citrus Falls Apartments For Rent in Tampa, Florida - ForRent.com

Lake Carlton Arms -
View Lake Carlton Arms Apartments For Rent in Lutz, Florida - ForRent.com

Colonial Grand at Seven Oaks -
Colonial Properties Trust - Colonial Grand at Seven Oaks

Lakeview Oaks -
Lakeview Oaks Apartments In Tampa,Fl - Home.

I hope this helps you on your search, good luck!

Old 10-17-2007, 06:04 PM

9 posts, read 54,859 times
Hi there!

Thank you very much for the info! That is a coincidence! We hope to move next month. Good luck with your move!

Old 10-18-2007, 07:06 PM

3 posts, read 18,330 times
Default I have a townhouse in Safety Harobr/Clearwater for rent

Hi,

Moderator cut: no advertising I highly recommend searching craigslist. That's how most of my friends have found their places.

Moderator cut: no advertisingJust say no to traffic- best location in Tampa Bay!![/url]

Good Luck!

Last edited by jessiegirl_98; 10-31-2007 at 07:15 PM..

Old 10-18-2007, 07:21 PM

4,696 posts, read 7,893,054 times
Sunnygirl, You can find a townhouse near Tampa and be much closer to everything. Springhill is further out from everything. The commute will kill you. The apt someone else here is offering you is a very nice area, I used to live there before moving to Oldsmar. But it all depends on what your budget for housing is . There are all kinds of prices in the area. Good Luck!!

Old 10-20-2007, 06:50 PM

515 posts, read 1,347,974 times
Spring Hill is about an hour away from Tampa, but only if you're making the drive during off-peak times. During the typical commuting hours you're looking at a much longer trip--maybe even double. Plus, the tolls for the Suncoast will add up pretty quickly. There are plenty of houses for rent all over the place if you aren't interested in apartment living. While Spring Hill is indeed cheaper, there's not as much to do up there and you'd probably end up saving money in the long run picking someplace that has a shorter commuting time.

Old 10-22-2007, 10:57 AM

23 posts, read 103,192 times
Hey Guys I am looking for a 2bdrm in wesley chapel, but i am on a budget, justmoved frm NYC w/ my 2 young boys, if any suggestion plz advise. I started a thread on renting in wesley chapel.

Old 10-31-2007, 02:03 PM

84 posts, read 384,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyGirl140 View Post
Hello all. I am a newbie here and I am planning on relocating to the Tampa Bay area from Michigan with my fiance (no children).

We are looking for a 2-3 bedroom condo or townhouse for rent with an attached garage (one is okay).

We have found this property: Suncoast Villa Apartments Photos and 360 Tours, but it is located in Spring Hill (from what I understand it's almost an hour away from Tampa), but we would like to be closer to the area.

Does anyone know of a similar property that's closer to the Bay? An attached garage is a must and a florida room would be great.

Thank you for reading!

If you tell us what you want to spend it will be much easier for us to give you some ideas of where to find a place that is perfect for you and within your budget. Don't rule out houses either...there are quite a few investors that are desperate to get out from under their mortgage payments and would love to have someone in their place. Just make sure it includes lawn & pest so you don't have anything to worry about or take care of

Old 10-31-2007, 07:17 PM

2,467 posts, read 12,246,919 times
I used Apartment Hunters when I moved. They are a free search service. I also looked on craigslist. I would also not recommend living that far outside of Tampa or you are looking at a horrible commute! Disney is only 1 hour away from the east side ;-)
For younger individuals, I would recommend South Tampa/Davis Island/St. Petersburg. I live in Tampa Palms, but it is much more suburban (cheaper though).

Old 11-01-2007, 08:42 AM

9 posts, read 31,213 times
Sunnygirl - Are you still looking for a place to rent in Tampa? If so, I would recommend the South Tampa area because it's conveniently located to everything and there is so much to do. Moderator cut: no advertising

Last edited by jessiegirl_98; 11-01-2007 at 09:29 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay