Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2012, 02:23 PM

154 posts, read 422,272 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are seriously considering moving to Inverness. Any info from the people that live there would be greatly appreciated. We were in that area a couple months ago and loved the area. We are looking for a very rural, quiet place we can raise a few chickens for some eggs. We only drove through Inverness on our way to somewhere else. Sorry we didn't look closer now. Input from anyone? If I could PM someone that would be great.. Thank you We are retirees, imagine that !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2012, 02:31 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,151,675 times
Nice area. I love driving across 44 to the other coast. Inverness would probably meet the needs you listed. Try some sites:

Inverness, Florida - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Inverness, FL - Official Website

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazymae2010 View Post
My husband and I are seriously considering moving to Inverness. Any info from the people that live there would be greatly appreciated. We were in that area a couple months ago and loved the area. We are looking for a very rural, quiet place we can raise a few chickens for some eggs. We only drove through Inverness on our way to somewhere else. Sorry we didn't look closer now. Input from anyone? If I could PM someone that would be great.. Thank you We are retirees, imagine that !

Old 11-28-2012, 02:39 PM

571 posts, read 791,430 times
Quote:
We're moving up there in two days (south of Floral City actually), I'll let you know. We rented a house on 5 acres and are gonna try for chickens as well.

Old 11-28-2012, 05:26 PM

How in the world did you find 5 acres ??? You say "up there", where are you coming from ? Hope I'm not being too nosy. But I would love to know how you found your rental. I have been looking and looking online but in the Homosassa area and places like you found are not easy to find there evidently. Floral City is beautiful. But I want to be in or near Invernessas I work part-time for glorious Walmart...

Old 11-28-2012, 07:00 PM

3,237 posts, read 6,326,290 times
It's a nice area if you are retired or independently wealthy. If you need to work... sorry, not going to suggest it.

Old 11-28-2012, 07:57 PM

338 posts, read 1,012,833 times
Quote:
You might also look into Lecanto,Beverly Hills,Citrus Springs and Dunellon,Homosassa,Crystal River. Dunellon also has a Walmart. I lived up there for 2 yrs liked it a lot but too far to get to a real beach. I preferred Dunellon to Inverness, do your research and try to spend some time in the area before you decide.

Last edited by debvic; 11-28-2012 at 08:28 PM..

Old 11-28-2012, 07:59 PM

571 posts, read 791,430 times
Quote:
How in the world did you find 5 acres ??? You say "up there", where are you coming from ? Hope I'm not being too nosy. But I would love to know how you found your rental. I have been looking and looking online but in the Homosassa area and places like you found are not easy to find there evidently. Floral City is beautiful. But I want to be in or near Invernessas I work part-time for glorious Walmart...
We got really lucky finding a place, I think. We got a nice little house on 5 acres right on the Citrus/Hernando county border, just east of 41 for $750. Like I said though, I think we really lucked out, we looked at other houses that were nowhere near as nice on tiny lots for much more money, and our "plan-b" wouldn't have been anything like the place we found. We found it on craigslist. We've been in St. Pete for the last two years, which we love, but my girlfriend got a job in Brooksville in a field she really loves and I just got a job lined up today as well. Be patient I guess. There really wasn't a whole lot to choose when we looked for places, we had plenty of time between her getting the job and her start date, so we could afford to be kind of picky. Good luck though.

Old 11-29-2012, 06:10 AM

Thanks for letting me know how you did it....I wish you the very best. I'm jealous.Maybe if I make it down I can see your chickens and buy some eggs. (that may be all we have to live on but at least we will be warm). Take care and enjoy.

Old 02-15-2013, 12:24 AM

2,744 posts, read 4,237,164 times
We are looking at a Foreclosure in Florida as a winter getaway. We have flexible employment, so we would not really be seeking to work there, except perhaps in Nursing (temporary with registry)

The house we are looking at was built in 1989 and appears to be secluded. Are there any areas to avoid in Inverses? Thanks for your responses.

Old 10-04-2013, 04:24 PM

676 posts, read 937,341 times
Default chickens

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkfan39126 View Post
We're moving up there in two days (south of Floral City actually), I'll let you know. We rented a house on 5 acres and are gonna try for chickens as well.
It has been a while since I saw your post, How are you doing with your chickens and other animals ? No creepy predators around to eat them ?? I still want to move there and have chickens like you. Has this been a pleasure or a horror ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay