Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2011, 02:50 PM

1 posts, read 1,507 times

Advertisements

My family and I are moving down in the mid of October. We are in our mid 20's and we don't know a soul!! And I was needing some advice from everyone's experience with finding a good realtor in the area. We are looking for properties in Clearwater, Oldsmar, Dunedin, and Seminole. So I would like a realtor that possibly lives near by and knows the areas really well. I would also love any input on elementary schools as well. We have a 3 yr old daughter. So it is very important to us. I also have heard something about a different type of school that could be an option for kids that parents are willing to be a huge part in school activities. What are these called. I am very interested.

Also if any one has any insight or knows of any good Air conditioning and heating companies in the area. My husband is frantically searching for a good company to get hired with. How is the demand for that industry this time of year??

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2011, 05:00 PM

272 posts, read 607,875 times
For an AC company I recommend "Air Flow Designs."

Old 09-29-2011, 08:07 AM

13,768 posts, read 38,233,065 times
We have some great Realtor's who post here.
They offer excellent advice plus we have some great members who do want to help newcomers.

There are many great areas in Tampa. Are you renting or buying? What price range? I think most folks will recommend that you rent first to be sure you like that area

Old 02-14-2012, 08:57 PM

1 posts, read 1,089 times
I would like to get that information too, at least the Realtor part.

Last edited by Keeper; 02-15-2012 at 06:38 AM.. Reason: quote was removed

Old 02-15-2012, 06:40 AM

13,768 posts, read 38,233,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R2Dawn2 View Post
I would like to get that information too, at least the Realtor part.
We have several realtors who post here however we are not allowed to recommend realtors on the board but anyone can send you a DM with their recommendations.

You can tell Real Estate Agents by the house icon next to their name

Old 02-15-2012, 07:27 AM

70 posts, read 177,804 times
R2Dawn2,

(Is that a play on R2D2?). Re finding a Realtor - a lot will depend on whether you are looking to rent or buy. Most Realtors work with people who are looking to buy and not too many work with people looking to rent. For renting there is a lot less information directly available to Realtors except for those that specialize in property management. So that will be the first issue to be addressed - whether you are looking to buy or rent.

Then you'll want to find a Realtor who is knowledgeable about the areas you want to look in and probably the most important thing is you want a Realtor that is very good at communicating with clients. There are a lot of very good Realtors in the area so I don't think you will have any problem finding one who can help you. In my experience, those Realtors who work in real estate as a profession rather than just here and there to make a little extra cash are very professional. I have only had to deal with a very small number of Realtors who I would not ever recommend that people use.

Sincerely,
Ron

Old 02-16-2012, 06:31 AM

1,466 posts, read 3,083,993 times
Most realtors know quite a bit about schools, it's a critical part of ensuring the right transition for new families to the area. After that a good sound knowledge of whats available in the county for their particular needs/interests. Of the four areas you mention above, there are a handfull of decent schools, seminole probably has the best pick of all levels over a larger area. Also possibly closest to beaches, always a good free amenity for younger families. Nice safe areas and almost all is out of flood zones too.

Old 02-17-2012, 08:32 PM

6 posts, read 9,176 times
In addition to realtors, I would also suggest to search online, like zillow, trulia, etc for house rentals in the areas you like. They have information about neighborhood, schools and demographics information. There is quite a lot of houses for rent. It would be a good first step to explore the rental market and pricing.

Old 02-18-2012, 07:51 AM

42 posts, read 98,727 times
I think maybe the schools you are referring to are the fundamental schools? They are public but with a lottery system for admissions. You can check out the county school board websites for specific info.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay