Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-12-2011, 08:08 PM

1 posts, read 1,389 times

Advertisements

Hi,
Would love some advice and have some specific info to offer for specific options to research. I just was offered a good relocation option from my company and need to accept by Tuesday.

I'm 42 yo male. currently live in a nice loft in the loop of Chicago. I don't have a car and love the city life. I live by the lake and rely on the bus and train.

My office in Tampa is near the Bucs stadium. I'll likely be given a car, or an allowance, but my preference is for as short a commute to work as possible without sacrificing being safe all the time.

I'm thinking of selling off here, if I can, and renting there. My budget would be 1200-1500 for an apartment/condo to rent.

What could I get for that? What neighborhoods are close to the stadium area, but safe? I also am still young and like to go out and will be looking to socialize and workout by running a few miles near my home.

Any ideas for good neighborhoods, options or other things to consider would really help!

thanks

cs
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2011, 08:35 AM

1,106 posts, read 2,282,661 times
Harbour Island
Davis Islands
Hyde Park/South Howard area

Old 08-13-2011, 04:43 PM

22 posts, read 37,226 times
I agree with the above post...South Tampa sounds like the best area for you and you can find a really nice place for that price (very affordable here). I guess you will have to get used to a slower city life, as cars are a must..everything is really spread out in Tampa. You will be around all of the night life in South Tampa area

Old 08-15-2011, 08:51 AM

463 posts, read 1,052,610 times
Condos on Bayshore in South Tampa goes by that much, on the water, 10-15 minutes drive to bucks stadium and 4 mile trail for running/biking. Also if you get place north of Howard and Bayshore, you will be able to walk to bars/pubs in SoHo.

Also check out Channelside although it's not as much fun as Soho, but it would be my second place to look to live in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
View detailed profiles of: