Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2007, 06:20 PM

55 posts, read 735,798 times

Advertisements

Please let me know if you have any information about Tapropn Springs, or the areas near it, Tampa, ect...

I have never been to Florida and were trying to decide were to go and look at some areas...We are thinking about moving there..Why does everyone say , don't go to Florida? Is it really not a good place to live? Please, please let me know the good and bad areas...I really appreciate all your help, Thanks !!

If you know of any nice areas , please let me know..Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2007, 07:08 PM

Also, have you heard of Trinity,or Holiday and is it a nice place? Thanks again

Old 07-02-2007, 10:07 PM

1,999 posts, read 1,664,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hello47 View Post
Please let me know if you have any information about Tapropn Springs, or the areas near it, Tampa, ect...

I have never been to Florida and were trying to decide were to go and look at some areas...We are thinking about moving there..Why does everyone say , don't go to Florida? Is it really not a good place to live? Please, please let me know the good and bad areas...I really appreciate all your help, Thanks !!

If you know of any nice areas , please let me know..Thanks
Not everyone says "Don't go to Florida", infact all I personally hear from current residents is quite the opposite, come to Florida, you will love it here!
I travel to Fla allot on business and vacation and have not run into a single person who told me when I asked them a question, and I ask allot of them "do not come here because....."

Since you have never been to Florida you need to travel and see as many areas as you can to get a feel for it.

Old 07-03-2007, 05:56 AM

1,738 posts, read 8,278,348 times
grew up in tarpon and loved it
it's pretty safe!

Old 07-03-2007, 06:58 AM

1,683 posts, read 8,214,257 times
You're hearing the voice of only a few on this board.......many of whom don't even live here anymore. Read and pay attention to the names on the posts. You'll figure it out.

I've lived in Orlando for 23 years and Tampa for 3 years. I like it here much better than the other places I've lived. The piedmont area of South Carolina, Middle AND South Georgia, California, and Tennessee.

Florida is going through some tough times right now overall - mostly due to the hurricanes of '04, growth issues and speculators who drove up the housing market in '03-'05. Now we are dealing with the aftermath of all that.

The biggest problem is that many people have seen their standard of living decrease due to much higher home, tax and insurance costs. Alot of people - especially young people just starting out, who don't have equity built in their homes - can't afford the average cost for a home in Florida anymore - especially when adding in a large tax and insurance bill.

There are still a few affordable areas of Florida and Tarpon Springs is a lovely community - one of my favorite places to visit. I can't speak to its affordability.

Old 07-03-2007, 07:03 AM

Thanks so much, I am so glad you posted back! I am now looking forward to coming and looking around thanks

Old 08-20-2008, 08:23 PM

3 posts, read 8,462 times
Read the above comments with interest. Coming soon to Tampa area, and looking at Tarpon Springs to buy a place. Wonder if anybody could comment specifically on the community of Pointe Alexis? Have heard talk of the "West Side" of Tarpon? How vulnerable are these communities in a hurricane, and any comments on cost of homeowners and flood insurance for these places? Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay