Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2008, 04:14 PM

22 posts, read 65,355 times

Advertisements

can anyone give me info on the syracuse community health center?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2008, 04:30 PM

2,440 posts, read 5,766,542 times
What do you want to know about it? All I can offer is my opinion from LOOKING at it... it's on a transitional downtown/south side of Syracuse street (South Salina) and often has broken windows and graffiti on the walls outside. Not always but a good amount of the time I drive by... it's a kind of place I might pass by for free/low cost medical care, in exchange for the emergency room... if you know what I mean. It LOOKS sketchy. Again though, I can't presume to know what kind of care is offered there.

Old 11-12-2008, 04:57 PM

93,810 posts, read 124,527,296 times
As a person that worked there, it is more of a health care facility for those that might not otherwise be able to get health care. I know the owner of the facility too, as I went to the same church as a child. You'll occasionally get some sketchy people there, but it doesn't occur as much as people think or at least when I worked there. Hopefully, they have more available parking there too. That was an issue when I was working there, but again, I believe they have acquired additional parking since then(4 years ago). It's a very diverse place in terms of employees and the people that go there. You'll have patients that can only speak Spanish and you'll have employees that can translate as well. There will be the occasional person with an attitude, but like any other place, you have to deal with that accordingly.

Old 11-12-2008, 04:59 PM

Here is the website as well:Syracuse Community Health Center

They have locations on the Eastside of the city of Syracuse, LaFayette and the Westside of Syracuse, along with a location just south of downtown on South Salina Street across from a Burger King. I think they work in conjunction with the Health center on the Onondaga Nation Reservation as well.

Old 11-12-2008, 05:00 PM

Locations here:Syracuse Community Health Center
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area
View detailed profiles of: