Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2016, 09:08 PM

77 posts, read 90,222 times

Advertisements

What is everyone's favorite towns to snowmobile? And which towns would be great if they had more winter activities for the family and stops for pubs and food. Any areas that have the best trails and activites year after year? I heard the Tug Hill region is the most popular. But I also read that Booneville has the races and they are a bit apart.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2016, 11:53 PM

93,594 posts, read 124,322,716 times
Try the towns near Tug Hill in Oswego, Jefferson and Lewis counties. Plenty of snow and they are known for their snowmobile scene.

I believe that rural areas to the west, SW and south of Syracuse into adjacent counties(Cayuga and Cortland) have their share, as well as other parts of Oswego County.

Boonville is in northern Oneida County not too far from Tug Hill or the Adirondacks(actually the Adirondack Central SD is centralized in Boonville). So, that means that it is in the Utica-Rome metro are and isn't too far from either one of those cities.

Are you still looking in regards to schools as well? I'm only asking due to your other post in another thread.

Last edited by ckhthankgod; 11-01-2016 at 12:17 AM..

Old 11-01-2016, 05:15 AM

Yes since we have a daughter she's 15 always interested in schools. We are looking for a backup there is property in Redfield we are interested in but waiting to see if the person in front of us can come up with down payment. So looking at other options. We are interested in the business prospect of the snowmobiles so I have been looking into the areas that may need some repair shops gas stations for pit stops and maybe a good place to eat. We would prefer land on the trail so that makes it a little more difficult. But if anyone knows of any good areas that come to mind that need it we will look into it. Thank you

Old 11-01-2016, 05:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smcm1232 View Post
Yes since we have a daughter she's 15 always interested in schools. We are looking for a backup there is property in Redfield we are interested in but waiting to see if the person in front of us can come up with down payment. So looking at other options. We are interested in the business prospect of the snowmobiles so I have been looking into the areas that may need some repair shops gas stations for pit stops and maybe a good place to eat. We would prefer land on the trail so that makes it a little more difficult. But if anyone knows of any good areas that come to mind that need it we will look into it. Thank you
Perhaps look into the Tully area south of Syracuse and north of Cortland. It is near 3 or 4 ski areas, has a couple of snowmobile clubs in/near the area and it has good schools. It is a rural area, but not to the extent of Redfield and it has a small village, which may be an option in terms of your potential business. It is also near I-81, which allows for pretty easy access to Syracuse or Cortland. Northern Cortland County, which is primarily served by the good Homer SD(parts are in a few other school districts) is just like southern Onondaga County in this regard. Madison County, which is still in the metro area, appears to have quite a few trails as well.

This information may help in terms of other options or for others looking for similar information: Snowmobile New YorkClubs - Snowmobile New York

NYS Snowmobile Trails Map

Old 11-01-2016, 05:34 AM

Thank you so much you always come through with good info. Do you or have you snowmobile?

Old 11-01-2016, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smcm1232 View Post
Thank you so much you always come through with good info. Do you or have you snowmobile?
I haven't personally, but know people that are familiar with or are into that scene.

Also, where I went to school and was stationed in the military wasn't too far away. In both areas, you would see people on snowmobiles during the winter in nearby rural areas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area