Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Supplements
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2010, 07:02 PM

4,502 posts, read 13,470,736 times

Advertisements

For those of you who take various vitamins/supplements, do you take them all at one time? Or do you space them out throughout the day?

I take quite a few and take them all in the morning when I get to work but I'm wondering if it's better to take them at intervals?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2010, 06:43 AM

175 posts, read 846,761 times
I don't know the correct answer to this, but I do spread mine out through the day. I to take mine with my meals.

Old 04-24-2010, 12:20 PM

427 posts, read 550,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omigawd View Post
For those of you who take various vitamins/supplements, do you take them all at one time? Or do you space them out throughout the day?

I take quite a few and take them all in the morning when I get to work but I'm wondering if it's better to take them at intervals?
Hi! If you take them all at once it's best to take them with your largest meal. Actually, to maintain proper levels of intake you should be taking them throughout the day. If you're taking mineral supplements, for best absorption don't take them with any fiber supplements. Fat-soluble vitamins such as a,d,e and k are better absorbed with some fat, either animal or vegtable, in your stomach. So they're best taken with meals. For green foods-best on an empty stomach. And if you're taking calcium/magnesium you'll get the best benifits by taking it before you go to bed. Also might help you sleep better!!

Old 04-24-2010, 02:50 PM

4,550 posts, read 11,698,696 times
Some vitamins the body can only absorb so much at a time. As far as calcium don't take more than 600mg at a time because the body can only absorb that much at a time so take 600mg twice a day. Taking with a meal is great advice as well.

Old 04-24-2010, 03:01 PM

3,169 posts, read 5,164,518 times
I space them out. All the fat soluable vitamins are taken with my largest meal.

The water soluables and other supplements are taken at breakfast and lunch.

Old 09-03-2010, 09:21 AM

6 posts, read 63,170 times
Default Vitamins/Supplements

well yes i actually space vitamins but sometimes i consume them all at once because it''s even better for improving health i think.
so i like these vitamins because i feel really good
[URL="http://www.kgminus.com/?i=1605&l=en"]www.kgminus.com/?i=1605&l=en[/URL]

Thanks

Last edited by friend4you; 09-03-2010 at 09:23 AM.. Reason: links

Old 09-03-2010, 10:03 AM

1,075 posts, read 4,311,148 times
Usually the advice on best when to take them is written on the bottle itself.

Some work better on an empty stomach, taken before meals and others with meals.

Then there are the combos that work better when taken together for maximum benefit.

A great resource book is 'Prescriptions for Nutritional Healing'. Otherwise probably a google research would help with info on what works with what, and best time to take.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Supplements