Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2009, 07:11 AM

19 posts, read 70,897 times

Advertisements

Im moving out there next month and this caught my eye today.
AWFUL!!
Sad to say BS like this goes on everywhere...Im living in NJ now and you hear about stuff like this everywhere.

Quick blurb below and link to video after!

BELLEVILLE, IL (KTVI-FOX2now.com) - To call it a brutal beating is an understatement. A 17-year-old Belleville West High School student is attacked on his school bus twice in a matter of minutes – and it is all on tape. The Belleville superintendent saw it and immediately took everyone involved out of school. He says the district will not tolerate this kind of violent, despicable behavior, two students beating another, while most of a school bus just laughs and points.

Brutal School Bus Student Beating Caught On Tape - KTVI (http://www.fox2now.com/ktvi-belleville-student-beaten-bus-091409,0,4302522.story - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2009, 07:24 AM

270 posts, read 854,727 times
Very unfortunate news....I used to go to Belleville quite often because my grandfather lived there and my dad grew up there. It has been getting rather rough in parts of that city, but on the whole it is not a bad town. It feels like ever since they built the mall in Fairview Heights, the entire Belleville area has gone downhill.

Old 09-15-2009, 01:49 PM

4,682 posts, read 12,055,024 times
Few quick questions:
1. What did the bus driver do during this time?
2. If the driver did nothing, why not - was he/she not aware of this occurring?
3. What happened on this bus during previous rides? Is there past or similar history there?

Curious - is this the same school system: Belleville West High School - Belleville, IL and Belleville Township High School District 201 ?

Very sad to see such occurring.

Old 09-15-2009, 06:26 PM

1,814 posts, read 2,496,464 times
For Pete's sake, why the hell didn't anyone help him out? What is the matter with people? God, this nation is turning into a collection of complacent, indifferent, lazy, self-absorbed tubby drones. I hope the lowlife POS that sucker punched that poor kid - and all of the associated chicken-s**t punks - get kicked out of school, juvy, forced to watch the Rams or some type of appropriate punishment.

In my day, if that kid tried that cheap shot crap, he'd be pinned on the floor of the bus with a motorcycle chain around his throat, begging for forgiveness.

Old 09-15-2009, 06:42 PM

Location: Finally escaped The People's Republic of California
11,306 posts, read 8,652,146 times
It seems a certain segment of our society, views this as being "cool". POS's

Old 09-15-2009, 07:24 PM

19 posts, read 70,897 times
The cheering is what made me the most upset! They should make all those kids watch the video individually...no big bad group behind them...watch then if they cheer and laugh. Hopefully they would hang their heads in shame if indeed they actually know right from wrong.

Old 09-15-2009, 07:37 PM

1,814 posts, read 2,496,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by panzerattack41 View Post
The cheering is what made me the most upset! They should make all those kids watch the video individually...no big bad group behind them...watch then if they cheer and laugh. Hopefully they would hang their heads in shame if indeed they actually know right from wrong.
That's a great idea, but unfortunately half of these kids won't care because they are likely on one or more types of behavior meds. The liberals are creating a generation of pilled-up drones.

Old 09-15-2009, 08:46 PM

9,401 posts, read 11,147,212 times
If this was white-on-black violence, you can bet it would be all network news all night, all week long. There would be moaning and gnashing of teeth.

As it is, the so-called "news" has never properly reported the utterly horrific Louisville, KY rape/torture/mutilation/double murder of a young white couple by four blacks.

I hope Big Media enjoy it when it happens to their families, or themselves personally.

News is news, but it isn't any more.

Old 09-16-2009, 06:49 AM

1,783 posts, read 3,886,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marksman84 View Post
The liberals are creating a generation of pilled-up drones.
Yeah ok it's the liberals fault. Why do some people feel the need to politicize every (non political) event to fit their agenda? It is a long stretch at best and utterly stupid at worst. You should be embarassed

Old 09-16-2009, 12:17 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,983,411 times
Default story update!

School bus attack in Belleville is called bullying - STLtoday.com (http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/news/stories.nsf/education/story/CC80921C46A23FA28625763300144ECA?OpenDocument - broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis