Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2009, 10:56 AM

118 posts, read 295,191 times

Advertisements

Hey guys,

Now that I've settled in and most of my boxes are unpacked - I'd like to start getting out of the house. I've played soccer my whole life... as an adult usually recreationally with city teams and indoor teams. It can be a competitive league or a beer drinking league - either way. Women's or coed is fine. Anyone know where to start looking for joining a team?

Thanks!

Susan
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2009, 02:12 PM

1,869 posts, read 5,802,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suziq999 View Post
Hey guys,

Now that I've settled in and most of my boxes are unpacked - I'd like to start getting out of the house. I've played soccer my whole life... as an adult usually recreationally with city teams and indoor teams. It can be a competitive league or a beer drinking league - either way. Women's or coed is fine. Anyone know where to start looking for joining a team?

Thanks!

Susan
Vetta Sports.

Also, some friends of mine own a local pub which caters to soccer fans, called "Amsterdam Tavern" in the Tower Grove area on Morganford. Show up any time but especially on weekend mornings for live coverage of English Premier League games and other leagues. You can get help from anyone there as many there love the game and play regularly. It's located just South of Tower Grove park on Morganford, along the same stretch as "Three Monkeys," and "Tin Can."

There are other places as well if you need more help.

Old 02-22-2009, 07:19 PM

1,117 posts, read 2,926,776 times
The Tigin downtown also specializes in showing a wide variety of soccer games.

Old 02-23-2009, 08:08 AM

46 posts, read 134,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suziq999 View Post
Hey guys,

Thanks!

Susan
Suzi-q, your name sounds like a shine I do when I dance salsa Suzi - Q. Anyway, I am a 28 year old guy interested to play soccer as well. I recently moved here from out of state and waiting to hear more about league soccer. If you have a co-ed team in mind, please let me know.

Old 02-23-2009, 05:10 PM

1,869 posts, read 5,802,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brickmama View Post
The Tigin downtown also specializes in showing a wide variety of soccer games.
As does Barristers in Clayton, which has a big local St. Louis soccer following, however I'm uncertain if she just walked off of the street any time there, that she'd get the help she needs. Early mornings on weekends she would though. Barristers has the largest following in St. Louis for local soccer tv viewing.

Old 03-01-2009, 08:36 PM

1,124 posts, read 3,593,517 times
I guess this doesn't help you much but just so you know, St. louis is a national soccer hotbed and most would consider it as the soccer capital of the U.S. So you probably don't have to look far to find soccer here.

Old 02-25-2010, 11:36 AM

1 posts, read 2,500 times
Default soccer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stl_63123 View Post
Suzi-q, your name sounds like a shine I do when I dance salsa Suzi - Q. Anyway, I am a 28 year old guy interested to play soccer as well. I recently moved here from out of state and waiting to hear more about league soccer. If you have a co-ed team in mind, please let me know.
I am putting a coed soccer team together the league starts March 29 on Monday nights. I need a few more guys if you are interested email me at [email]jenny.o@juno.com[/email]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis