Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2008, 02:05 PM

16 posts, read 78,347 times

Advertisements

Thanks you sooo much!!! I'll feel a lot more confident when we get out there and start doing a search. I've really narrowed it down now so it won't be so overwhelming.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2008, 06:45 PM

Are there any Costcos around there or Sam's Club? How are the preschools/daycares? Any recommendations? Are there any indoor playground areas for bad weather days? We have a place where there are tunnels and ball pits and climing thingys for kids that you can go to on rainy days out here. Anything like that there?

Thanks!

Old 11-23-2008, 10:52 PM

1,869 posts, read 5,807,810 times
If by "there" you mean Fenton, there is a Sam's Club in Kirkwood at 44 and Big Bend. If you mean in general, there are Sam's Club's in St. Louis. Costco not so much but there is going to be a new store in Manchester/Ballwin.

Old 11-24-2008, 07:52 AM

321 posts, read 1,004,788 times
As for indoor kid playground places, my son has gone to the SkyZone in Chesterfield a few times on birthday parties and with friends and they seem to like that a lot. We also hosted his birthday party at the Tumble Drum in St. Peters a few years ago which is now called Planet Fun. That was also quite hectic but still a very good time!

Old 11-24-2008, 11:51 AM

3,618 posts, read 3,060,415 times
There's Monkey Joe's in Crestwood for the kids-- they love it. Is there a Bounce U in S. County as well? Maybe, I know there is one in Chesterfield. I agree with what many of the others have already stated. Fenton, and unicorporated portions of St. Louis county around Fenton and Sunset Hills sound like they would be good choices for you. Based on your desire for newer construction, Rockwood schools are probably the way to go-- much of Lindbergh schools are in older, post-WWII housing stock if I am not mistaken. Plenty of big box shopping down in South County too. People there are definitely unpretentious too. Solid, family oriented, middle America.

Old 11-30-2008, 07:33 PM

21 posts, read 57,738 times
I am a Teacher and a part-time Realtor. I work at a Private School but I send my kids to the Rockwood Schools. I could not be happier. I work for my friend whom is a New Home Builder. He has leased his new homes. I maybe able to help you. I am not trying to become your Realtor. I love where I live and the school district that I am in. Good Luck!!!

Old 11-30-2008, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deb1305 View Post
I am a Teacher and a part-time Realtor. I work at a Private School but I send my kids to the Rockwood Schools. I could not be happier. I work for my friend whom is a New Home Builder. He has leased his new homes. I maybe able to help you. I am not trying to become your Realtor. I love where I live and the school district that I am in. Good Luck!!!
That would be great. Where does your friend have new(er) homes for lease? Where do you live? Is it Fenton w/Rockwood schools? As I've done more research, I think I'm leaning that way, but still not positive as it looks like all of West County seems nice. Thanks for the offer of help!

Old 12-04-2008, 11:20 PM

21 posts, read 57,738 times
Default Fenton

I am building a home now with my friend the builder. We sold our home in 3 days and we lease a new home from my friend while he is finishing ours. The home that we live in now is 3500 square feet. It will be for sale in 2 months when our is done. He is willing to lease or lease purchase to the right people. There are 4 bedrooms, 3.5 baths. The yard is level and large. There are lots of kids in the subdivision. Can you give me an email address that I can give you more detailed information and some pictures. The price is amazing...my friend is a great guy. Deb

Old 12-05-2008, 07:26 AM

248 posts, read 627,500 times
i am also a recent transplant to fenton, and so far i love it! and so do my kids! there are not a lot of fences in my subdivisions, usually only for the families with dogs. however, the back yards all face each other to form a "common area" which is also nice. you have to sit on the deck and watch the kids, but it does really promote them getting to know the neighborhood kids, and we have kids running all over until about 6 p.m.! there is a bus service in our neighborhood for the public school children (and our kids go to private, and wow, i am so jealous of the bus!) and we are in rockwood district. i don't think alot of people say y'all here - except me! i'm from new orleans but people here have been very friendly and welcoming. the weather -- well as someone not used to the cold - i hate it! but it seems like there is so much to love i am trying to overlook it. good luck!

Last edited by alikat1205; 12-05-2008 at 07:27 AM.. Reason: spelling

Old 12-10-2008, 08:03 PM

711 posts, read 2,109,588 times
No, no, no, no. O'Fallon, Illinois. Perfect location to downtown STL, good schools etc. West County are the snobs, North County and you are surrounded by some tough areas (not that this necessarily means anything), and...I guess south county is okay. But look at O'Fallon IL or even Fairview Heights (I think they are in the Belleville school district though), 14 miles to downtown St. Louis.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis