Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2008, 05:41 PM

4 posts, read 9,560 times

Advertisements

So a Co-worker and I have accepted a job and the training for this job will either be in Louisville or St. Louis (its not up to us, but I'll post in both city forums)

Anyways, were both about 23 years old, and were looking for an apartment for 9 months. Not sure if there are alot of apartments for rent for 9 months. (Any suggestions would be helpful) Our job is located on 2300 Market St, outside of downtown. We were hoping to be able to ride a bus there, (not sure if there is a bus route near this location)

So we were hoping you could suggestion, some appartments or high rises with rent near $750-$900 for a two bedroom, two bath. We are pretty young, so being near people our same age range is relatively important.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2008, 06:05 PM

5,812 posts, read 18,916,462 times
There's all kinds of lofts and apartments in the city, so finding one shouldn't be a problem.

Downtown West Lofts - Locust Central Business District, St. Louis has some listings for lofts in your area, but it's a bit outdated. At the very least it will give you ideas and it usually has links to the lofts websites.
Midtown St. Louis - Grand Center, St. Louis here's some more

You could probably find some nice and affordable lofts/condos/apartments around the Locust, Lucas, Market, Olive Street and Washington Avenue/Blvd area (Washington Ave. becomes Washington Blvd after it intersects Jefferson Avenue according to the maps.

Urban St. Louis - Index (http://urbanstl.com/index.php - broken link) has lots of information.

I'll try to help you more later, but I have to go now. I'm not sure if any of those places have 9 month leases, though. You may have to call them once you find one you like.

Google Maps may help you figure out how close a loft is to your work.

Old 01-16-2008, 07:22 PM

4 posts, read 9,560 times
Thanks for the help so far! I've looked up some of the lofts you suggested, seams a bit out of our price range. We were looking to rent, and from what I've checked (craigslist), for our price range sounds like we'll have to look somewhere outside of Market st, in downtown St. Louis. We were also hoping to commute via bus or other transit, so we were hoping you could suggest some other areas that would suit our criteria(s)

Old 01-16-2008, 07:49 PM

5,812 posts, read 18,916,462 times
You can always take the metro, it's $4 round trip I think. I'm not sure how close to your work they stop, though.

Helix Realty - St. Louis, Mo - Apartments (broken link)

There's some for $650-$765 in the Central West End
I think Delmar's gonna be about 4 miles from you. I think Lacleded will be about 3 miles.
Waterman should be about 4.5 miles
Helix Realty - St. Louis, Mo - Apartments (broken link)
University City would probably be 7-8 miles.

Hope that helps.

Here's all kinds of pictures of different neighborhoods, fun to look at even if you don't plan to live there.
Urban St. Louis - View Forum - Photography - Showcase St. Louis (http://urbanstl.com/viewforum.php?f=24 - broken link)

This one is supposed to be about 4 miles, but it's $1000/month
STLtoday - For Rent (http://realestate.stltoday.com/RealEstate/Rentals/Listing.asp?lid=256-770023 - broken link)
This one is supposed to be about 4.5 miles and it's $900/month
STLtoday - For Rent (http://realestate.stltoday.com/RealEstate/Rentals/Listing.asp?lid=386-778604 - broken link)

It's close to Forest Park, so I'd assume there's a metrolink nearby.

Here's a cute one, about 4-5 miles, $675/month STLtoday - For Rent (http://realestate.stltoday.com/RealEstate/Rentals/Listing.asp?lid=119-80001227 - broken link)

This one is less than 2 miles, but there's not much info about it.
STLtoday - For Rent (http://realestate.stltoday.com/RealEstate/Rentals/Listing.asp?lid=101-T1 - broken link)

st louis, MO apts/housing for rent classifieds - craigslist is a good place to check as well.

Last edited by STLCardsBlues1989; 01-16-2008 at 08:15 PM..

Old 01-17-2008, 05:02 PM

287 posts, read 354,588 times
And the Metro has month-passes for $60/mo, which will save you a lot over paying for a daily round trip pass...

Old 01-17-2008, 08:17 PM

1,117 posts, read 2,939,764 times
I would look Downtown. Washington Ave is your best bet for a lively area with a lot going on. Its also close to your place of employment on Market with easy access to all major bus lines.

Old 02-21-2008, 08:52 AM

19 posts, read 30,168 times
Default Housing in St. Louis

Some property management co.s you could try are:
BSB Development Co
2311 S 13th St
St Louis, MO 63104
(314) 776-1811

Apartment Tag search St. Louis
ApartmentTag.com]Apartmenttag.com | Nationwide Apartments For Rent | Missouri Apartments For Rent

Saint Louis Office
McCormack Baron Ragan
1415 Olive Street, Suite 310
St. Louis, MO 63103-2334

Phone: (314) 421.1160 Fax: (314) 621.0627

You could consider the communities of Lafayette Square, LaSalle Park and Soulard as they are all just south of downtown St. Louis.

Last edited by photoglyph; 02-21-2008 at 08:54 AM.. Reason: improper text errors added by site
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis