Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2014, 11:36 AM

28 posts, read 40,621 times

Advertisements

Hey all,

I have just recently accepted a job with Edward Jones to become a financial advisor. Before you open up your own office, you have to go through their training program at either STL or Tempe. I've chosen STL as i have heard a lot of good things about the area and their suburbs (plus its closer to my hometown in PA) I won't have to go until September but i want to get the process started earlier at looking for apartments.

EJ is actually located about 15-20 miles outside of downtown STL in the Des Peres/Manchester area, so i am looking at apartments in that general area. Most of the research i have done seems to support that most of these western suburbs seem to be nice areas (which is good!) Some places I've looked at briefly are Ballwin, Chesterfield, and St. Charles but there seems to be a lot of good choices i haven't even checked into yet.

I guess i'm asking if anybody knows of any good apartments in these western suburbs. This program only lasts about 6/7 months, so i will need a flexible lease in this case. I have never been to the STL area so i am open to any suggestions! We are probably looking in the range of $600-$800 for rent.

Some background info: I am 22 and will be graduating in May. My fiancee will be accompanying me. I get paid while training and she works in retail so they may transfer her job out here. Even though we do like to go out occasionally, we would prefer to live somewhere safe and relatively quiet.

Look forward to hearing back and would appreciate any suggestions you may have!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2014, 12:43 PM

4,873 posts, read 3,609,973 times
It's hard to go wrong anywhere in that general area. The area along Big Bend west of 270 has a bunch of reasonable apartments, and is somewhat central to the 141-64-270-44 box of major roads to take you wherever. Generally speaking, areas inside 270 tend to be more compact and more walkable, while outside of 270 is exclusively spread out cul-du-sac development. It's all pretty quiet outside of the city and maybe inner-ring suburbs, but if you don't care about local activities you'll probably get more for your money the further west you are.

Old 04-13-2014, 12:59 PM
MJ7

6,221 posts, read 10,748,194 times
Chesterfield and Town and Country. If you were coming a bit earlier I'd sublease you my current place. PM me for more details.

Old 04-13-2014, 05:41 PM

1,912 posts, read 4,693,737 times
I'd try to stay in the Kirkwood/Ballwin area. No need to head to Chesterfield--similar atmosphere, longer commute. That is, unless you can't find anything you like elsewhere.

Old 04-14-2014, 10:10 PM

3 posts, read 3,143 times
Hi, I would recommend the Creve Coeur area. There are a few nice apt complexes. I would look at

Creve Couer St Louis Apartments | Waterford Downs St Louis MO 63146

Waterfront Crossing at Creve Coeur Apartment Rentals

Charter Place Apartments in Creve Coeur, MO | Apartments.com

I use to work at Edward Jones and live in the area, it would be an easy commute and within your price range. Good Luck!

Old 04-16-2014, 06:36 PM

69 posts, read 176,722 times
Creve Coeur has a huge amount of apartments. A complex that I've always really liked is Madison at Seven Trails, on Manchester. It's a bit further out, in Ballwin I think, but it's a really nice complex. Lots of trees, very convenient to a lot of shopping, and you don't feel so much like you live in an apartment complex.

Madison Seven Trails Apartment Rentals

Another option that a friend of mine lived in and loved is reflection cove. It's further east on Manchester, very close to EJ actually. My friend who lived there is a 23 year old girl and felt completely safe by herself. She went running around the complex almost every day and never had any issues. This complex has a much more apartment-y look to it, but it also has a nice lake out front.
http://www.reflectioncoveapts.com/do...veBrochure.pdf

Good luck in your search!

Old 04-22-2014, 10:35 PM

28 posts, read 40,621 times
Thanks for the suggestions and input everyone! I seemed to like some apartments in the Creve Coeur area so i will definitely look more into that area. It seems like all the surrounding areas seem pretty nice though which is a good thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis