Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2013, 08:25 PM
XX1 XX1 started this thread

6 posts, read 12,882 times

Advertisements

I am moving to St.Louis this summer and looking for apartments in DeBaliviere Place and CWE. To me CEW seems very expensive. So I started looking at DeBaliviere Place area pershing Ave closer to west end city apartments But my question is How safe is DeBaliviere Place area/Pershing Ave?. Could you please guide me and give me some guidance on this?. Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2013, 08:55 PM

210 posts, read 412,181 times
I lived there for close to two years. I think it's safe. Close access to park too. Streets are crappy and not well maintained. I memorized pot holes on Forest Park Pkwy to avoid during my daily commute to work.

I lived here:
https://maps.google.com/maps?q=5630+...ouis,+MO+63112

Renovated within the last 5 years. It was a nice building with young professionals and grad students.

Old 03-13-2013, 10:36 PM

4,009 posts, read 6,863,586 times
I had friends who used to live in DeBaliviere Place and they never had any problems! Even walking back from the metrolink late at night they never came across any issues (they were young, single females). I would therefore deem it pretty safe. Visiting them, I never felt unsafe either

Old 03-13-2013, 10:39 PM

4,009 posts, read 6,863,586 times
P.S. I had friends who lived in rcjhku's building as well, I agree it was quite nice

Old 03-14-2013, 07:36 AM

3,618 posts, read 3,054,504 times
rcjhku what's gotten into you? You are usually one of the most dependable STL badvocates! Did you take some happy pills yesterday?

I had a buddy in that building back in 2002-2004 pre-renovation. I think he liked it. Lots of young single folks.

Old 03-14-2013, 12:48 PM

46 posts, read 200,796 times
I lived in an apartment on Pershing for two years around 2009-2011. We had a few problems but nothing major. My girlfriend's car was broken into when she parked on the street (Pershing). She didn't have much to take and they didn't steal anything. My car was broken into and I was parked in the gated lot behind the building. They blew the lock out No Country for Old Men style and took the parking gate opener and my garage door opener to my parents' house. I assume they planned on coming back and robbing more cars but I moved out shortly after that.

The bus stop/metro station is at Debaliviere/Forest Park/Pershing. I wouldn't say I felt 100% safe when walking by myself late at night but nothing much happened. There always seems to be a big group of people hanging around (naturally, it's a bus stop). A few people tried to sell us drugs, several asked for change...etc but they didn't hassle us. I guess it depends on your level of comfort. I'm personally not super comfortable walking by large groups of lingering people at 11 pm, but maybe I'm overly paranoid.

Overall it wasn't a bad experience, but it wasn't all peaches and roses either.

Old 03-15-2013, 10:25 AM
XX1 XX1 started this thread

6 posts, read 12,882 times
Hello Everyone, Thank you very for your feedback. It really hepls!.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
View detailed profiles of: