Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2012, 04:46 PM

1,199 posts, read 2,286,475 times

Advertisements

On Tuesday, April 24th there is a really cool band coming to The Firebird. They are called the Bastard Suns. I saw them when I was in Phoenix and they are really cool guys. So I offered to help them out as a street team member to get the word out here in STL. As I've only lived here since August, I'm not really plugged into the local music scene. Do you guys know of any websites, forums, or blogspots for STL punk rock or alternative music fans?

The band plays sort of a fusion of punk rock, reggae, and southern rock. One music reviewer used the following quote to describe them: "if the Dropkick Murphys and Sublime had kids they would be Bastard Suns".

They are sending me a promo pack and I figured I could put up some fliers at the local universities. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

The Bastard Suns "My Pint" (Official Music Video) Apocalypse Productions - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2012, 05:00 PM

396 posts, read 657,050 times
I would start with Eleven magazine-

elevenmusicmag.com

Old 03-30-2012, 05:06 PM

1,199 posts, read 2,286,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Trafford View Post
I would start with Eleven magazine-

elevenmusicmag.com
Thanks. Checked it out and it looks good.

Old 04-02-2012, 08:20 AM

21 posts, read 35,887 times
Eleven and Riverfront Times are the places I get most of my music news.
Riverfront Times - St. Louis Music - RFTmusic

KDHX is a good one:
KDHX Blog

STL Today also has a music blog but I don't frequent it.
St. Louis concert announcements & music news from Kevin Johnson
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
View detailed profiles of: