Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2011, 06:06 AM

2 posts, read 2,683 times

Advertisements

I recently accepted a faculty position at Maryville Univ. My family and I will be moving in July. My wife is a Kindergarten teacher and our oldest will be turning 5 in the late fall. I was hoping that some of you could give advice on pre-schools, school districts, and neighborhoods in the area. We would like to spend between 1200-1600 in rent for a 3+ Br house. We would also like to enroll our daughter in a quality pre-k program. Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2011, 06:11 PM

1,912 posts, read 4,694,158 times
The area surrounding Maryville University is a very popular place for raising kids because of the good school districts. If you want to be close to work, Chesterfield would work just fine (Parkway School District).

Old 02-28-2011, 07:48 AM

12,063 posts, read 31,661,603 times
The area around Maryville is very safe and has great schools, so it's certainly an easy place to begin your search. If you find yourself looking for something with older housing stock, more walkability or more transplants in general, there are some options inside 270 that would still be easy on a commute. Commutes that avoid actually getting on 270 will provide the least frustration so I would highly suggest Clayton and Richmond Heights. Also if you can find something for rent in your budget, homes in University City within Flynn Park Elementary's boundaries would offer good schools, gorgeous housing stock and loads of nearby amenities.

Old 02-28-2011, 07:51 AM

2 posts, read 2,683 times
Thanks for the advice. I know that it is too early to begin searching for homes but I am curious as to when most rentals go on the market.

Old 02-28-2011, 08:06 AM

12,063 posts, read 31,661,603 times
Realistically if you're looking for a house for rent in the suburbs, most are going to be houses the owner can't sell because of the current housing market. As such, from what I've seen listings can be sporadic. But I'd say generally, if you can plan a visit to come and simply discover neighborhoods, get a feel for the area and the kind of commute you'd want to deal with within the next 4-6 weeks then you'd be in a better situation to find a place and make a final decision sometime less than 3 months and more than 1 month prior to the move.

Old 03-03-2011, 11:54 AM

109 posts, read 246,160 times
You should look at http://www.realtor.com--- choose rentals-- put in 63141; 63146; 63017 -- all parkway schools and will be within a few miles of Maryville -- Great family neighborhoods -- you can send me private message and I'll let you know about any address. I have lived in the area right by Maryville since 1986 and also have taught for Maryville's weekend college.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis