Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2007, 06:02 AM

1,280 posts, read 4,344,899 times

Advertisements

I'm stealing this thread from another area ..........but what is soo great about this area .........memories and things to do.

Last edited by 2beamissourian; 05-08-2007 at 06:08 AM.. Reason: I cant spell!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2007, 08:15 PM

1,280 posts, read 4,344,899 times
Hello ..nobody is posting under this ...

Maybe I dont make any since...........

Maybe it a fair in July at ------- place?

Horse back riding at the lake?

boating on ----------- river

Steak at ----------- steak house

pumpkin pickin in the fall at ----- place

apple festivals

What takes place? What fun things are there to do?

Where did you go on field trips w/ school as a child????

Does Springfield have a zoo?

I know this is a mountain area ..but am sure there is more than barn parties and 4 wheeling in the mud! ( no these things are fun we do them where we live now and no we are not in the mountains just married me a red neck and have a couple little red necks is all) I have to entertain them ya know!

Old 05-09-2007, 01:20 AM

31 posts, read 213,189 times
Actually the Ozark Mountains are far from mountains, they are valleys and you drive down into them. Once there, they are beautiful! The Ozarks are unlike any other place I have visited. One discouraging thing for me was that there is no direct routes to anyplace. It is almost all curvy, hilly, scenic back road country. It is incredibly beautiful though. You really should take a couple of weeks and just tour the region, very impressive. Caves, springs, hunting, fishing, oak trees by the millions. Big reservoirs, skiing, boating it is like no other place I have visited. Springfield has a pretty nice zoo and Branson has all the entertainment anybody could desire. Glen

Old 07-15-2008, 04:37 PM

14 posts, read 51,014 times
I'm from Jeff City, MO. Live in Indiana, but moving to Springfield in Fall. Is Springfield anything like Jefferson City? Laid-back? Nice place to call home? Easy to find work? Inexpensive? What do you think?

Old 07-15-2008, 05:17 PM

974 posts, read 1,589,246 times
id say D all the above springfielder. and as to what i like about the ozarks... everything. the people, the majestic views, the lakes, outdoors, and did i mention the people?

Old 07-17-2008, 07:07 AM

299 posts, read 547,628 times
I love the people and the fishing of the area.

Old 07-18-2008, 10:43 PM

10 posts, read 36,227 times
Default discovering nature!

i moved here from halfway around the world so one of the things that i love doing is photographing the different flora and fauna. we were at the nature center the other day and came so close to deer! the flowers look so different here and there is such a variety of things to explore and discover. that's been one of my highlights of moving to this area besides the people of course.

Flickr: miss racheal's Photostream

Old 11-29-2008, 04:42 AM

41 posts, read 161,580 times
why I love the south: high school football!
the ozarks: GREAT fishing, float trips, silver dollar city, the beautiful countryside, bonfires, county fairs
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area