Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2006, 07:17 PM

1 posts, read 2,271 times

Advertisements

I am considering moving my family from the St. Louis area to Ozark, MO. With 4 girls and a boy (all under 12) I am wondering if Ozark is a good place to raise a family. We love the outdoors and want to be within about 30 minutes of Springfield in a smaller town.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2006, 07:14 AM

20 posts, read 51,644 times
You might look on realtor.com for places in Nixa, MO too - its around the corner from Ozark; 5 miles from Springfield

Old 06-24-2006, 10:30 PM

278 posts, read 1,138,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jghill
I am considering moving my family from the St. Louis area to Ozark, MO. With 4 girls and a boy (all under 12) I am wondering if Ozark is a good place to raise a family. We love the outdoors and want to be within about 30 minutes of Springfield in a smaller town.
We are not moving for about to more years and I hope the same thing. From every thing I have read and researched I would come to think it is just that. I would believe it would be better then a big city (have lived in one the San Fran area of calif. and also a state I do not believe is family friendly called Idaho) but then again small town living there normally is not much for young persons to do as teens that is but if younger they find things and make a life. My son was 7 when we moved and now even thaw he dose not like the area he calls it home and stays there trying. Some thing to think about many here and from what I have read other places Springfield seams to be a good mix some what large but with a small town feel .I know it is around that area we are looking. May be a local can help ya more but good luck and hug your kids.

Old 03-24-2009, 10:35 AM

2 posts, read 5,036 times
Default Absolutely.

Ozark is a wonderful town for families. I don't have statistics, but I would say that the majority of households in Ozark are single family households. Our public school system is pretty good, and so is Nixa's. As far as schools go, I might say that Nixa schools are marginally better, but very insignificantly. Crime is almost non-existent. It is a very family-friendly town; it is a very good place to raise your four young children. Concerning Ozark and Nixa, either would be a good choice.

Old 03-24-2009, 11:51 AM

5 posts, read 8,668 times
i am originially froms springfield and spent alot of time in ozark cty, its a great place all around.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area