Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2008, 06:07 PM

321 posts, read 839,161 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by christina0001 View Post
I moved again. I'm in the ex-husband relocation protection program. But he hasn't bugged me for a while so I think I'm okay. Kansas is nice but it wasn't Missouri. I had started to apply to WSU but now that I'm back here, I'm applying to Springfield, and to U of K in KC as a back-up.

Good for you, girl! Good luck with your new journey.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2008, 08:39 PM

26,433 posts, read 46,671,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by christina0001 View Post
I moved again. I'm in the ex-husband relocation protection program. But he hasn't bugged me for a while so I think I'm okay. Kansas is nice but it wasn't Missouri. I had started to apply to WSU but now that I'm back here, I'm applying to Springfield, and to U of K in KC as a back-up.
I wish you the best of luck in those endeavors

Old 12-23-2008, 10:33 AM

82 posts, read 260,068 times
Highway 13 south bound is fine. It is the north bound side that has issues. But as stated, it is being fixed. They are already clearing out the side walls to put it in line with the south bound side. They completed the 4lane north of bolivar to clinton, now they are completing the south side. By the end of the year next year all those worries will be gone.

As for the 13/44 interchange, they are suppose to be doing something similar as they did with the Glenstone/44 interchange, but don't plan on that happening anytime soon.

Rush hour mixed with Ozark Empire Fair makes that place a hell hole to drive through. Use to do it on a daily basis. There is no real way around it unless you like driving the country back roads.

Again, as for the township itself, I would love to move back there, but just doesn't fit into the plans at the moment.

Old 12-28-2008, 09:32 AM

108 posts, read 395,667 times
Thumbs up Some info about Bolivar...

I lived in Bolivar for about a year before moving to Marshfield. I liked Bolivar SO much more than Marshfield, and I believe that it is one of the largest surrounding towns, not smallest. The people are great, they've had a Walmart for quite awhile, there is a Baptist university, and the park is wonderful. From what I knew when I was there, it's fairly safe, I would walk from my job up by Walmart to my house a mile or so away down near Woods at midnight when I got off work. Not something I would recommend if you didn't have to, but my car was broken. There is a YMCA, schools are decent, so are rentals. I loved our house at the time, 2 bdr, privacy fenced, the kitchen was amazing, for $450 a month. Their site is www.BolivarMOnews.com if you haven't checked it out already. I definitely like there place better than Marshfield. The only one I may like more is Nixa.

As for Hwy 13, my uncle lived in Bolivar and my grandpa in Brighton, and they drove to Springfield for work everyday for 20 years together. Drove out to visit my grandparents from Springfield every Saturday from the time I was 3, never one wreck in both scenarios. It depends on when you go and the type of people, you do have to be cautious because of the curves and occasional deer (my mom had one run into the side of her van once), but if you're not acting stupid and watch the people around you who might be, you should be okay. There has been a few fatal wrecks on that highway though. You can also take H Hwy to Pleasant Hope and turn left at the town's main intersection (name?) and take that road to 13 North to Bolivar. Takes longer, but may be safer, I don't know statistically on that highway.

What size of town are you looking for? Willard is another nice town with great schools, not too far from Springfield on a safer highway, but can lack the convenience the larger outlying towns. They do not have an online newspaper though, and I'm not even sure if they have one in their town...

Old 12-30-2008, 09:38 PM

1 posts, read 2,342 times
Thumbs up New Interchange

The interchange at I44 and 13/Kansas Exp. has been looked at and starting next year will be changed. The new interchange will consist of a diamond shaped pattern in which cars crossing the bridge will momentarily cross paths. It is supposed to help the efficiency and will be one of the first in North America. This link might help [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diverging_diamond_interchange]Diverging diamond interchange - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/url]

Old 12-31-2008, 08:12 AM

321 posts, read 839,161 times
Just posting to make your url clickable.

Diverging diamond interchange - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 01-01-2009, 02:25 PM

1,255 posts, read 3,199,466 times
If you know HWY 13 is going to be tied up you can cut across on 32 or C HWY's and hit 65 HWY.Helps if your having to do something on the East side of Springfield.

hillman

Old 01-04-2009, 08:02 AM

305 posts, read 242,100 times
I go and shop in Bolivar, I live outside Buffalo, (now there is a real cow town.) I like it, however its not for everyone. I find Bolivar a great place to go and visit, get all my shopping done and maybe even grab a bite to eat. While Bolivar may not be the big city, Bolivar can certainly get it done. And when it cannot, I go to Springfield.

Old 01-06-2009, 04:38 PM

26 posts, read 75,374 times
Thanks everyone! I really appreciate all the input. I'm still considering all my options, from Branson to KC. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Old 01-12-2009, 10:22 PM

50 posts, read 213,528 times
I made the Hwy 13 drive south into Springfield this weekend (early Sunday afternoon) and was surprised at how heavy the traffic was. I'd definitely be concerned about the rush hour traffic if I thought that I might be making that drive daily, since a lot of people probably do come to Springfield from that direction to work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area