Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2014, 04:13 AM

2 posts, read 1,497 times

Advertisements

Hi! I am visiting Missouri next summer with my mom. We have been trying to remember where we lived to go back and see the area. Hoping somehow someone knows the area and my random memories make sense.

We lived about 30min drive from Branson right off of Bull Shoalls Lake. We would take a dirt road that had a sign that said "99 curves". And we would always try to count them. There was a fairly steep dirt road down to the lake where a small dock was. Some cabins to rent off to the left and house within the trees. My house was near the top of the steep hill.
If I could just pinpoint the dirt road with the 99 curves I could probably find it.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Sorry for the poor descriptions, I was young. 😁

Thank you

Curiosity seeking,
Nikki
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2014, 10:07 AM

Location: Finally escaped The People's Republic of California
11,314 posts, read 8,655,857 times
Your Mom doesn't remember?

Old 08-14-2014, 11:07 AM

694 posts, read 1,356,977 times
I checked with a few friends that live around the Bull Shoals Lake - one in Missouri and the other in Arkansas but neither recognized your clues. Sorry I could not help but enjoy your trip. You are visiting some beautiful country!

Old 08-18-2014, 08:14 PM

971 posts, read 1,453,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikalibe View Post
Hi! I am visiting Missouri next summer with my mom. We have been trying to remember where we lived to go back and see the area. Hoping somehow someone knows the area and my random memories make sense.

We lived about 30min drive from Branson right off of Bull Shoalls Lake. We would take a dirt road that had a sign that said "99 curves". And we would always try to count them. There was a fairly steep dirt road down to the lake where a small dock was. Some cabins to rent off to the left and house within the trees. My house was near the top of the steep hill.
If I could just pinpoint the dirt road with the 99 curves I could probably find it.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Sorry for the poor descriptions, I was young. ��

Thank you

Curiosity seeking,
Nikki

Nikki, Across Taneycomo Lake from the Branson Landing is the road that goes to Forsyth. Just a few miles along that road is several roads that go a short distance to Bull Shoals Lake.

Good luck on your hunt!

Old 08-20-2014, 02:07 AM

2 posts, read 1,497 times
Thanks for the responses. I tried getting information from my mom, but she doesn't remember much either. I will try my brother and mom again. See if we can figure it out. Thanks again. I can't wait to visit again. My kids think I am crazy when I "crave" a trip to Branson. Old memories with grandparents and it's just so easy to feel country again!

Nikki
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
View detailed profiles of: