Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2012, 03:33 PM

1 posts, read 6,560 times

Advertisements

My family and I are moving to the Springfield area real soon and based on the schools we have narrowed down our choices to either Nixa, Ozark, Willard or Rogersville. I have a 2 year old boy and a 13 year old girl who is very smart but needs to be challenged academically. We liked the academics of the schools in these areas but other than that we are undecided. Some of the things we are looking for are nice clean areas with low crime and affordable rentals. Less than 30 minute commute to downtown area(where i will be working). Close proximity to area lakes.

We will be looking for a rent house or duplex in the 650-800 a month price range. 3br/2ba which allows a dog and cat. Our dog is a lab mix who is an outside dog but is indoors at night so we need a decent back yard.

We like these areas and would like to know what are some of the good and bad about living in these areas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2012, 10:16 AM

1 posts, read 6,343 times
Carlos1978-Have you moved yet to the Springfield area? I live in Christian county (near Nixa and Ozark), and believe that you can't go wrong with either of those two towns when it comes to schools and safety! Rents should be close to your upper range (and you may possibly be able to rent a house for that). Both Ozark and Nixa are wonderful communities, with excellent schools and each will have your necessary amenities (grocery stores, chain restaurants, etc) and close to Springfield. The 30 minute drive to get downtown Springfield could be an issue, not because of where Nixa/Ozark are located, but because Springfield has a terrible traffic problem (in part due to lack of signal timing that bunches up traffic at stop lights). Regarding your pets, this is always an issue with renting - but I have seen a lot of rentals advertising they will allow with pet deposits. Regarding "Lakes", if you are thinking Table Rock Lake/Lake Taneycomo, you can be to the lakes from either town within 30-45 minutes.
Good luck with your move to the area!

Old 08-26-2012, 11:40 AM

914 posts, read 2,206,248 times
You need to come and do some personal investigation. Some time spent with area maps would also help you clarify your thinking.

Leaving aside the small Fellows, Springfield, and McDaniel lakes in or adjacent to Springfield, Ozark/Nixa is close to Table Rock, Tanneycomo, and Bull Shoals lakes. Willard is close to Stockton and not terribly distant from Pomme de Terre. None of the locations are particularly far from any of the area lakes.

Willard and Rogersville are significantly more rural than Ozark or Nixa. Willard is to the northwest of Springfield and is significantly farther from the major shopping district in southeast Springfield. All of these communities are on or near major four-lane highways.

School districts have no relationship to city boundaries here. It is quite possible to live in the city limits of Springfield and be in Willard or Republic schools. Maybe Nixa as well. Certainly you could live right up against Springfield and be in any of the school systems you mentioned. In fact, you likely will have to do just that to meet your requirement for a 30 minute commute to downtown.

Old 08-30-2012, 06:35 PM

307 posts, read 980,923 times
Having lived near Willard for a year or two, I can say that in my opinion Ozark, Republic or Nixa would be better in that order. My favorite being Ozark. We really wanted to live there but just never got the chance. Ozark would be great for a dog as well as there are a plethora of outdoor areas for dogs. We took our dog to the park and walked the river many times. Ozark is beautiful and full of trees and rolling hills with lots of sprawling acres around. The town seems laid back and country living, but has plenty of ammenities locally. Good resaurants, Walmart, groceries etc. The square is very nice as well. If you favor a country feel, and want to feel seperated from Springfield, this is the place. Nixa, and Republic both have a sense of being attached to city life, whereas Ozark, and Willard both feel seperated but not by too far if you will be in town alot like we were. Hope this helps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area