Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2009, 04:53 PM

1,999 posts, read 5,009,968 times

Advertisements

This Federer is the gamest athlete I have ever seen. He is just relentless and has unmatched talent. He is alone out there and does not have the safety of teammates to lean on like in the team sports. Combine his gameness and talent with his class and he is the greatest athlete to play a professional sport in our lifetime. Del Potro is going to have to walk on water to pull this off.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2009, 06:37 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,835,270 times
Seems like he did walk on water

Old 09-14-2009, 07:11 PM

1,460 posts, read 2,203,605 times
Del Potro did a nice job. He really played well all summer. He looks like he is a possibility to break up the top 4 guys.

I felt bad that he did not get a chance to fully speak to his fans in Spanish. That actually sucked that he was told that there was not much time. Clearly he does not speak English well. It only seemed fair to let him have his moment and speak to his fans and family in Spanish. After all, it was his first grand slam win. But, hey, that's just me

Old 09-14-2009, 08:17 PM

1,999 posts, read 5,009,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Seems like he did walk on water
Actually it looks like a found a jet ski in that last set.

Old 09-20-2009, 06:06 PM

6,266 posts, read 19,201,358 times
I was there-front and center. I was also present during the practice session for both.
Roger didn't quite seem himself from the get go. I know nothing about Juan, yet so have nothing to compare to.
Roger was just.............off his usual game. Did that disappoint me? NO! Everyone has bad days and it's too much to expect someone to be perfect all the time. Federer is still one of the greatest tennis players of my lifetime.
In an interview last week he said that he felt edgy all day. Not nerves-but just not himself. Said that during rest(commercial breaks) when music is being played in the stadium that normally he really enjoys that and enjoys the crowds but on the day of the finals the music and everything just annoyed him. Got on his nerves. It happens. We all have bad days.
I'm glad I was there. I am proud of Roger Federer. I look for him to take some time off,soon, to be with his wife and twin girls.
I was VERY surprised that SO many people in the stadium cheered more for JUAN than Roger.......freakin blew my mind!!!! Maybe I was on the Juan fans side??!!

Old 09-21-2009, 03:35 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,835,270 times
I guess that is normal. Federer has been the number one tennis player for quite some time now, people need change after some time. Thus they prefer the underdog. Nothing personal. I remember that people were also fed up with Ivan Lendl and Pete Sampras when they still dominated tennis. And as this year neither of the finalists was US-American, people didn't have to support either finalist for patriotic reasons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports