Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should there be a Golf Sub-Forum?
Yes, long over due 206 85.83%
No, Soccer doesn't have one so Golf doesn't need one. 34 14.17%
Voters: 240. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2014, 07:26 AM

6,632 posts, read 11,427,622 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by psurangers11 View Post
Another thing to note...

You know there's a MAJOR FLAW when Dustin Johnson.. who doesn't tee it up once during ANY of the playoff events and he STILL qualified for the Tour Championship.... lol.
This is been an interesting point of discussion. Which to me actually points to an issue/flaw with the PGA's policy on suspensions/fines. Sure, I get that they don't announce these things because - well, because they don't have to. But I believe he's on there because he's "officially" not been suspended. So he still has the option of playing if he decides to. Just as was the case with the previous three playoff tournaments.

So as a result - there are those that could be let in because DJ isn't playing, but will not be. And DJ will actually be getting the FedEX bonus prize money without having to lift a finger.

You'd think there'd be a process where DJ could have "officially" taken himself out of the FedEX Cup running when he decided to go on hiatus.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2014, 09:50 AM

2,794 posts, read 2,957,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macroy View Post
This is been an interesting point of discussion. Which to me actually points to an issue/flaw with the PGA's policy on suspensions/fines. Sure, I get that they don't announce these things because - well, because they don't have to. But I believe he's on there because he's "officially" not been suspended. So he still has the option of playing if he decides to. Just as was the case with the previous three playoff tournaments.

So as a result - there are those that could be let in because DJ isn't playing, but will not be. And DJ will actually be getting the FedEX bonus prize money without having to lift a finger.

You'd think there'd be a process where DJ could have "officially" taken himself out of the FedEX Cup running when he decided to go on hiatus.

I wish DJ along with the PGA would have agreed to forfeit his standing and potential bonus money to allow another player to get into his slot. Stuart Appleby at the 31st position is probably hating this right now, but then again he did have a chance to play himself into the top 30 and he fell short.

If anything... I'd hope DJ gives up that bonus money to one of his charities or something.

Old 09-15-2014, 03:59 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,723,056 times
Haven't watched a single event since the PGA. Haven't played a round of golf since May. That's how burned out I've been on the sport. Absolutely no desire. I guess I'll watch the upcoming Ryder Cup since I haven't missed one since the early '90s.

Old 09-16-2014, 03:32 AM

2,860 posts, read 3,414,851 times
Horschel has one good month (great month I guess) and pockets around $15M in that span,

Not a bad gig eh?

Old 09-16-2014, 06:47 AM

Just like any playoff scenario it's all about getting hot at the right time. Finishing the final three events 2nd 1st and 1st is one heck of a run... and nobody should argue the fact that he didn't "deserve" the FedEx Cup Title. Sure... Rory had the better overall year... and that's why he'll win the Player of the Year Award.

Congrats to Billy... and with his wife due to have their baby in the next couple of weeks this has got to be one of the best experiences of his life right now, what a high for him!

Good luck to the United States in the Ryder Cup... they're going to need it over there.

Old 09-22-2014, 04:07 PM

Enraged golfer snaps all his clubs, destroys his bag - SBNation.com

Old 09-24-2014, 08:24 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,356,959 times
I did that once and we all had a good laugh, it got even funnier when my playing partner and the rest of us realized I had mistakenly destroyed his equipment...oops

Old 09-26-2014, 07:33 AM

WOW!!! What a morning session for Team USA! It smelled of a 3 - 1 deficit right off the bat and they some how managed a 2.5 - 1.5 lead going into afternoon matches!

Keep it going boys....

Old 10-02-2014, 05:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
I did that once and we all had a good laugh, it got even funnier when my playing partner and the rest of us realized I had mistakenly destroyed his equipment...oops
One of my Dad's golfing partners took a club and snapped it over his knee and caused a bloody mess all over the mess - it can be pretty dangerous when having a meltdown on the course. My worse deal was early in my golfing career when I twirled a sand wedge and it nearly drilled my friend in the back of the head. Didn't hit him thankfully, but it got my attention - never tossed a club again.

Old 10-02-2014, 03:25 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,356,959 times
submitted my lottery registration for '16 at Hazeltine, I've attended the last 3 majors there and the US has generally won for the most part...they need me, we got this next one, I'll wave to you all from the right side of 10th fairway at the top of the hill.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports