Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2015, 09:23 AM

3,978 posts, read 4,581,592 times

Advertisements

The most hated tennis player by the Big 4 is..... _____________. Here are the clues:

1) Federer was the only tennis player hero in his country. He still is a hero, but now, he has to share the spotlight.

2) Nadal said that a match against him was the toughest loss of his career. He denied Nadal a multi-grand slam in every grand slam event less than 12 months ago.

3) Djokovic was denied a career grand slam by this guy few months ago. It's no doubt that was one of Djokovic's toughest losses, if not the toughest ever.

4) Murray's standing as being a member of the Big 4 is questioned and threatened as his number of grand slam is being matched now, and potentially passed in the future.

Anyone disagree?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2015, 11:11 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,086,638 times
technically not a player, but I hate that kid that's always running out onto the court, snatching the tennis ball and then runs off

Old 11-07-2015, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
technically not a player, but I hate that kid that's always running out onto the court, snatching the tennis ball and then runs off
You mean a fan?

Old 11-07-2015, 01:34 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,377,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaker15 View Post
You mean a fan?
LOL...The Ballboys and Ballgirls.... ROFLBO

Old 11-07-2015, 03:04 PM

3,805 posts, read 3,004,338 times
Yes, they all hate on someone that gives them some stiff competition.
Fact is, tennis players come and go, and Stan has upped the ante the last 2-3 years to challenge them.
Federer for one, was over the moon with Stan winning the AO last year and RG this year, and they have won Davis Cup and Olympics together, so likes another Swiss player there.
The others have to lift their game, and that is only good for the sport.

Old 11-07-2015, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek41 View Post
Yes, they all hate on someone that gives them some stiff competition.
Fact is, tennis players come and go, and Stan has upped the ante the last 2-3 years to challenge them.
Federer for one, was over the moon with Stan winning the AO last year and RG this year, and they have won Davis Cup and Olympics together, so likes another Swiss player there.
The others have to lift their game, and that is only good for the sport.

I think you're right that, secretly, and maybe openly, Federer LOVES Stan for taking that Australian Open title away from Nadal, and that French Open title away from Djokovic. In 10 years, NO ONE will compare Stan's records and achievements to Federer's, but they will with Nadal and Djokovic's.

Old 11-08-2015, 02:52 AM

3,805 posts, read 3,004,338 times
Quote:
I think you're right that, secretly, and maybe openly, Federer LOVES Stan for taking that Australian Open title away from Nadal, and that French Open title away from Djokovic. In 10 years, NO ONE will compare Stan's records and achievements to Federer's, but they will with Nadal and Djokovic's.

Nadal is equal with Sampras, and Djoker is 1 shy of Borg and above the likes of Lendl, Connors, Agassi etc.
Stan is nowhere near them, and with no disrespect to him, he would know that too.
That is not even including other factors like weeks at Number 1 (Stan has never been there), Masters and other career titles.
He is still in fact some distance behind Murray, despite both having 2 Slams.

Old 11-08-2015, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek41 View Post
[/b]

Nadal is equal with Sampras, and Djoker is 1 shy of Borg and above the likes of Lendl, Connors, Agassi etc.
Stan is nowhere near them, and with no disrespect to him, he would know that too.
That is not even including other factors like weeks at Number 1 (Stan has never been there), Masters and other career titles.
He is still in fact some distance behind Murray, despite both having 2 Slams.

What I am saying is that Federer love how Stan took away two VERY IMPORTANT Grand Slam titles away from Federer's biggest rivals, Nadal and Djokovic. Had Stan not stood in their ways, the talk about who's the greatest ever is even more fierce now.

Old 11-10-2015, 11:15 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,721,231 times
Quote:
The most hated tennis player by the Big 4 is..... _____________. Here are the clues:

1) Federer was the only tennis player hero in his country. He still is a hero, but now, he has to share the spotlight.

2) Nadal said that a match against him was the toughest loss of his career. He denied Nadal a multi-grand slam in every grand slam event less than 12 months ago.

3) Djokovic was denied a career grand slam by this guy few months ago. It's no doubt that was one of Djokovic's toughest losses, if not the toughest ever.

4) Murray's standing as being a member of the Big 4 is questioned and threatened as his number of grand slam is being matched now, and potentially passed in the future.

Anyone disagree?
I disagree.

I don't think any of the big four hate any of their competitors and certainly not Stan.

This isn't the McEnroe-Connors-Nastase era.

Sure, they may hate that they lost to Stan, and may well again, but that's the nature of the business.

And that really seems to be how these guys treat this - as a business.

"“I feel like (I have) a very special relationship with Stan, I think like no other top player, honestly. I do appreciate that. I do enjoy that good relationship we have. I think that was strengthened even more after Roland Garros final.”"

Paris 2015 Saturday Djokovic Wawrinka Share Special Friendship | ATP World Tour | Tennis

Old 12-11-2015, 01:28 PM

632 posts, read 933,675 times
I always despised Lleyton Hewitt. Did he retire yet? He was never any good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports