Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2015, 07:39 PM

14,673 posts, read 14,635,860 times

Advertisements

He'll fit right in on FOX.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2015, 05:59 PM

3,971 posts, read 4,036,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
I used to listen to him every day but got tired of his lecturing and condescension toward his audience. I thought ESPN showed very little courage with the move though since he was leaving the network anyway. I've been watching, listening less to ESPN over the years and listen to Dan Patrick and local talk here in Tampa.
Didn't he only have a week left before he left anyway? He should have been fired much earlier.

Old 08-01-2015, 03:13 AM

2,309 posts, read 3,848,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Dan Patrick is much better, I agree. I get all of my ESPN sports info. from Kornheiser and Wilbon.

Patrick does not have the condescension and arrogance of Cowherd. But Patrick plays it safe, and Cowherd was willing to be critical of anyone, and that set him apart from most of his sports yakker peers.

The problem with that approach is you are given a very short leash when you make a mistake.

Cowherd willing to be critical of anyone? HA!!! yea ok. Cowherd would blast people on air and then when face to face with during interviews would bow down to them. Biggest punk on radio.

Old 08-01-2015, 03:15 AM

2,309 posts, read 3,848,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
Cowerd spoke the truth and in today's society if the truth gets a few hurt feelings, your fired. STUPID society!
what truth?!?!?! half the time he talks out of his you know what. he makes up facts and if you call him on it he digs his heels in and tries to refute your accurate claim with more BS.

Cowherd was a pro at making conclusions using half truths and partial facts. In making his conclusions he would always leave out important and relevant information that would have ruined his claims. Kinda like what Hitler did with Mein Kampf.

Old 08-01-2015, 02:38 PM

26,212 posts, read 19,513,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenvillebuckeye View Post
what truth?!?!?! half the time he talks out of his you know what. he makes up facts and if you call him on it he digs his heels in and tries to refute your accurate claim with more BS.

Cowherd was a pro at making conclusions using half truths and partial facts. In making his conclusions he would always leave out important and relevant information that would have ruined his claims. Kinda like what Hitler did with Mein Kampf.
Oh great, this thread has now officially invoked Godwin's Law.

Nice job.

Old 08-02-2015, 09:15 PM

45,541 posts, read 27,160,554 times
I watched the video.

As soon as people are offended and the emotions get going - no one wants a bunch of world stats and truth to backup the offending statement.

Old 08-03-2015, 11:28 AM

5,229 posts, read 4,609,277 times
Actually, Colin Cowherd always seemed a bit better on radio than on TV. To actually see the guy made me realize that he is as much of an egomaniac -- and can be as brazen and irritating as several other broadcasters!

Some of the other most egocentric sportscasters which usually come to my mind (in no particular order) are Dan Patrick, Bob Costas, Stephen A. Smith, Dick Vitale, Jim Rome, Chris Berman, Skip Bayless & (ugh) Keith Olbermann.

Old 08-03-2015, 10:59 PM

45,541 posts, read 27,160,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt Cassidy View Post
Actually, Colin Cowherd always seemed a bit better on radio than on TV. To actually see the guy made me realize that he is as much of an egomaniac -- and can be as brazen and irritating as several other broadcasters!

Some of the other most egocentric sportscasters which usually come to my mind (in no particular order) are Dan Patrick, Bob Costas, Stephen A. Smith, Dick Vitale, Jim Rome, Chris Berman, Skip Bayless & (ugh) Keith Olbermann.
I don't see how you can do that job on that large of a scale and not have an inflated ego. Some people are just more jerky than others in manging their egos.

Old 08-04-2015, 01:32 PM

5,229 posts, read 4,609,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
I don't see how you can do that job on that large of a scale and not have an inflated ego. Some people are just more jerky than others in managing their egos.
You got that right!

Old 08-04-2015, 04:49 PM

4,860 posts, read 6,921,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt Cassidy View Post

When Keith Olbermann's face shows up on my TV screen, I can't find the remote fast enough. How anyone could hire this egotistical moron is beyond me. There's nothing worse than someone who always thinks they're "clever" or "funny" and never is either.

Jim Rome can be very difficult to listen to on radio as he comes off as simply being a prick. He's got a lot of Olbermann in him.

The rest of your list of egocentric sportscasters I actually like. I like it when a broadcaster is passionate about a game. Face it, they've all got egos or they wouldn't be where they are. Many times guys like Berman, Vitale, and John Madden can be over the top, but they make sports fun and isn't that what it's all about?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports