Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2015, 06:44 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,416,366 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaker15 View Post
Am I the only one without cable and able to watch these matches for free at USOPEN.org?

I just go to the link below and click on "Watch Live." In the middle of my screen, there will be several live matches for me to choose from, if there is any live matches going on.

Official Site of the 2015 US Open Tennis Championships - A USTA Event
I tried that earlier in the week..to know avail

I can't..the tab to watch Live is OUT..LOL..ya know..Canada and all...Heee Hee

So guess what I'm WATCHING..I'm watching Toronto Blue Jays smacking NY Yankees into 5th inning..8-1 puts a smile on my face...

But I see So far the "Fed" is doing well 6-4 6-3 and now 2-1 Stan serving....Whoops..now 3-1
I like and appreciate both of these players..But Federer is such a class act..and marvel at his longevity!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2015, 06:53 PM

3,978 posts, read 4,621,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndarn View Post
I tried that earlier in the week..to know avail

I can't..the tab to watch Live is OUT..LOL..ya know..Canada and all...Heee Hee

So guess what I'm WATCHING..I'm watching Toronto Blue Jays smacking NY Yankees into 5th inning..8-1 puts a smile on my face...

But I see So far the "Fed" is doing well 6-4 6-3 and now 2-1 Stan serving....Whoops..now 3-1
I like and appreciate both of these players..But Federer is such a class act..and marvel at his longevity!!
Yeah, that match is done. It's all about Djokovic and Federer now. Djokovic beat Federer few weeks ago at Wimbledon final, but Federer beat Djokovic two weeks ago. We'll see how this work out.

Old 09-11-2015, 07:03 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,416,366 times
Quote:
Yeah, that match is done. It's all about Djokovic and Federer now. Djokovic beat Federer few weeks ago at Wimbledon final, but Federer beat Djokovic two weeks ago. We'll see how this work out.
Just saw that!! I am surprised it was in 3 sets tho..I really do like Wawrinka..and I know that Stan and Roger have a good relationship..so no hard feelings..Roger was just had more gas in the tank as they say..

You are right..Let's see how the dice rolls on Sunday

Old 09-11-2015, 07:19 PM

3,845 posts, read 3,075,937 times
Quote:
On this last Grand Slam of the year, do you prefer a rematch of this year's French Open Final (Djokovic vs. Wawrinka) or do you prefer the rematch of this year's Wimbledon Final (Djokovic vs. Federer)?
We've got the latter, and as a Djoker fan would prefer the latter.
Novak is in no mood to lose another chance at a USO, he has made 9 straight Semi finals and also only won 1 title in 5 Final appearances.
Expect him to routine this final in 3 sets.

Old 09-11-2015, 07:21 PM

3,845 posts, read 3,075,937 times
What a great day for Italy, and for Italian tennis - 2 in the Women's final.
Both have been around a long time, and finally one is going to have a Grand Slam title for their efforts.
I think Flavia is slight favourite for this.

Old 09-11-2015, 08:40 PM

3,755 posts, read 4,842,292 times
Has there ever been a larger upset in tennis than what we had today? Some people are saying this was one of the biggest upsets in sports history. Serena blew it....it would be one thing if she had lost to say Halep or Kvitova. But she lost to a woman not even seeded in the top 35 for the tournament.

I am hoping Roger takes the title on Sunday. It would be nice to see him win one more title before he retires in a few years.

Old 09-11-2015, 08:53 PM

3,978 posts, read 4,621,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post
Has there ever been a larger upset in tennis than what we had today? Some people are saying this was one of the biggest upsets in sports history. Serena blew it....it would be one thing if she had lost to say Halep or Kvitova. But she lost to a woman not even seeded in the top 35 for the tournament.

I am hoping Roger takes the title on Sunday. It would be nice to see him win one more title before he retires in a few years.
How can you say it's the biggest upset when someone, anyone really, lose at a Grand Slam event at the Semi-Final level.

Anyone who reach the Semi deserves to be there. Anyone who lose at the Semi is not that big of an upset. it's not like she lost at the first set to someone ranked outside of 35.

Old 09-12-2015, 12:09 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,527,502 times
Congrats to Roberta Vinci.

Last edited by LexusNexus; 09-12-2015 at 12:31 AM..

Old 09-12-2015, 03:25 AM

3,520 posts, read 9,293,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post

Considering the circumstances, Serena's loss might be the biggest in tennis history, and I do think it ranks up there with Buster Douglas over Mike Tyson (1990, heavyweight boxing) and Rulon Gardner over Alexander Karelin (2000 Olympics, wrestling) as one of the biggest upsets in sports history among one-on-one sports.

The loss doesn't take away from Serena's tremendous 2015 season in my mind however. Every player on either tour with the possible exception of Novak Djokovic would gladly trade their season for hers.

Old 09-12-2015, 07:29 AM

123 posts, read 106,427 times
So glad Serena lost. An arrogant, disgusting woman she is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports