Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2014, 06:14 AM

16,347 posts, read 10,473,678 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by howard555 View Post
Tiger does not need the money, only majors. The other events are practice or endorsements, events he sponsors, etc. When he gets into a position, score wise, when he can not win, here come injuries, facial expressions of pain. It is very easy to pretend to be injured. Skipping the Masters could have been a way to make it look good. Anyone can hit a bad shot intentionally and lean over slowly to get the tee. No one will ever know the truth on all of it.
He does not seem like the type player who will play the Champions tour. When he can no longer win, he'll quit. If and when he knows he can not win 4 more majors, instead of making cuts and getting big checks, etc. he will use medical as the reason he quit and the reason Jack's record was not broken by him. When he realizes he can not win 18 majors he'll find a way out of continuing to try. Medical will be his top reason.
He'd rather quit now and have half the world think he is the best ever, than to keep playing for many more years and never winning any more majors. If he did that and never won any more, he'd fade away as the player who is thought to be the all time best. He does not want a bunch of top 40 but out of the top 10-15 results to tarnish his record. He may be within a couple or three years of retiring for medical reasons and hope the world always wonders if he would have beaten the record had he been healthy. Chiropractors are not exactly the most trusted doctors. So a tweeked back muscle is something you can not see and his doctors won't ever release the MRI's.

if this posts is any indication you could possibly be the worst poster in message board history by implying that Tiger Woods has been faking his injuries.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2014, 07:11 AM

2,860 posts, read 3,394,178 times
Would love to see Langer make the Euro team but I know it's not gonna happen.

Old 09-01-2014, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
if this posts is any indication you could possibly be the worst poster in message board history by implying that Tiger Woods has been faking his injuries.
I don't think it's a stretch to think a person of low moral character (Tiger, a womanizer who lied to all of us and stabbed his wife and children in the back) could be faking his injuries.

This was brought up on 'Mike and Mike' not long ago and of course Greeny pooh poohed it.

I think it's definitely a possibility that he would fake - or at least embellish - his injuries.

Is he? I don't know, but I wouldn't put it past him. Just my opinion of course.

Old 09-26-2014, 07:53 AM

2,794 posts, read 2,939,249 times
2.5 - 1.5 USA in the lead after morning session!

If you have the golf channel and you have one of the cable/satellite providers listed below you can stream it live online if you're stuck at work!

Golf Channel | Golf Live Extra

Happy Friday!!

Old 09-26-2014, 08:43 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,131,722 times
Hooray! Poulter the Angry Ant gets his a$$ handed to him...

Old 09-27-2014, 10:51 AM

16,700 posts, read 17,472,206 times
Hmm, this thread has gone quiet.

Old 09-27-2014, 12:14 PM

489 posts, read 1,195,135 times
What I want to know is who designed the USA's uniform Stevie Wonder ? ,they deserve to lose for crimes against fashion.

Old 09-28-2014, 12:58 PM

Abysmal showing by the Yanks. Keegan especially was a let down. Along with Bubba, Simpson, and Furyk.

Old 09-28-2014, 03:19 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,131,722 times
tip of the cap to the Euros once again. One of the unheralded endearing traits of their teams I find over the years is, unlike that Yanks that seem compelled to parade their trophy model wives and girlfriends around, Team Europe players honor their moms and older spinster and dowager sisters by having them on the sidelines rooting on their boys.

Old 09-29-2014, 08:17 AM

2,794 posts, read 2,939,249 times
I understand that the players are the ones playing the game and coaches have no control on how the players perform but please, can someone going forward use their captains picks on better more quality choices then continuously bringing in veterans with "experience"?

Watson before the event defended his decision on taking Mahan, Bradley, and Simpson because the team already had enough rookies on the roster. Yet... these rookies who had their hearts and souls into this thing finished with a combined 5-2-5 record and accounted for 8.5 of the 11.5 total points. Meanwhile, the captains picks were a combined 2-5-2 and Webb Simpson barely even showed up.

Gotta hand it to the Euro's though yet again... these guys were making clutch putt after clutch putt and were dropping bombs all weekend while the American's continued to flounder and could never muster up anything. I think they also need to focus on the alternate shot aspect because the Euro's creamed us on both afternoon sessions in that format....

Fourball record = 4-2-2
Foursome record = 0-6-4
Singles record = 4-5-3

The US Team going forward needs to change it's approach.... makes no sense how we can be continuously dominant in the Presidents Cup with virtually the same roster of players on the team and yet constantly get smoked during the Ryder Cup.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports