Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2012, 07:49 PM

8,292 posts, read 23,125,051 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by John13 View Post
How did you cash a triple ticket with a prediction like this? What changed your mind so fast? Here you gave I'll Have Another no chance.

When I turned on the TV and saw he was 3-1 I went to Laurel Park here in Maryland and placed a nice win and place bet on him along with several exacta tickets with Bodemeister. I got there 8 minutes before post time. Now that he has won four graded stakes races in a row I wonder if finally he will get some respect.

Went The Day Well finished next to last. I did not think he did enough in the Derby for me to pick him in the top 3 but I didn't think he would finish that bad.
Hahaha I know my picks went all backwards, I just thought he was a flash in the pan and I thought their were better horses out there but I was completely wrong on two of them and right on just 1. Yeah I picked went the day well to finish in the money but he didn't. I had seen creative cause race before the derby and I knew he would do well that's why I put him in my box. When I was watching the final stretch I didn't even see I'll have another win I was to busy watching my third horse come in and not get past, then my wife yells HE WON AGAIN! huh? I was watching my last horse come in for my lousy $35.40.

I didn't want to bet on I'll have another because of value and I thought a lot of stupid money was on him, guess I was wrong but watch I'll put money on him in Belmont ans he'll finish last. I don't think I will box my horses next time, instead I will probably play all separate tickets of my picks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2012, 05:17 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,028,641 times
This picture is funny. I'll Have Another (Kentucky Derby and Preakness Stakes winner) looks directly at the camera(apparently he knows that he is the star) and the guy leading him looks like he is asleep.

http://aol.sportingnews.com/sport/st...ll-doug-oneill

Old 05-22-2012, 09:51 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,082,984 times
there has been as many Triple Crown failures (11) since the last TC Winner (Affirmed in 1978) as there has been TC Winners (11) in the 136 years since the Derby was added to the series.

list of Derby and Preakness winners and results of Belmont Stakes since the last Triple Crown Winner (Affirmed '78)

1979 Spectacular Bid (3rd)
1981 Pleasant Colony (3rd)
1987 Alysheba (4th)
1989 Sunday Silence (2nd)...made a visit to Claiborne Farms in '91 and got this of Sunday Silence's vanquisher; Easy Goer still ready and willing to run.

1997 Silver Charm (2nd)
1998 Real Quiet (2nd)
1999 Charismatic (3rd)
2002 War Emblem (8th)
2003 Funny Cide (3rd)
2004 Smarty Jones (2nd)
2008 Big Brown (DNF)

results and running lines of those races can be found at this site... Triple Crown Winners and Near Misses

even with Bodemeister out of the June 9th race, I'm expecting the trend to continue at the expense of I'll Have Another and a nice payout for those looking for a nice exacta.

Last edited by Ghengis; 05-22-2012 at 10:04 PM..

Old 05-25-2012, 10:59 AM

3,727 posts, read 6,227,447 times
My early cautious early opinion is that we will have the first Triple Crown winner since Affirmed. The expected pace scenario favors IHA, and if he retains his form and avoids trouble he wins the Belmont. Dullahan and Union Rags are obvious threats, and for those keying IHA on top in exotics those two are must uses underneath. The latest buzz is on Baffert's other colt, Paynter, coming off a 2nd in the Derby Trial and a rapid easy win on Preakness day against a weak field. Here are very early Belmont pp's. They are in alphabetical order, not actual post positions, and of course late defections are not known.
www.belmontstakes.com/Userfiles/file/Preliminary_Belmont_Contenders_5_20_12.pdf

Old 05-25-2012, 11:25 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,028,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
there has been as many Triple Crown failures (11) since the last TC Winner (Affirmed in 1978) as there has been TC Winners (11) in the 136 years since the Derby was added to the series.

list of Derby and Preakness winners and results of Belmont Stakes since the last Triple Crown Winner (Affirmed '78)

1979 Spectacular Bid (3rd)
1981 Pleasant Colony (3rd)
1987 Alysheba (4th)
1989 Sunday Silence (2nd)...made a visit to Claiborne Farms in '91 and got this of Sunday Silence's vanquisher; Easy Goer still ready and willing to run.

1997 Silver Charm (2nd)
1998 Real Quiet (2nd)
1999 Charismatic (3rd)
2002 War Emblem (8th)
2003 Funny Cide (3rd)
2004 Smarty Jones (2nd)
2008 Big Brown (DNF)

results and running lines of those races can be found at this site... Triple Crown Winners and Near Misses

even with Bodemeister out of the June 9th race, I'm expecting the trend to continue at the expense of I'll Have Another and a nice payout for those looking for a nice exacta.
Real Quiet didn't get robbed - but the closest thing to it occurred. He was a great horse and so was Victory Gallop, and that was an amazing race.

Old 06-06-2012, 11:39 AM

756 posts, read 714,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Real Quiet didn't get robbed - but the closest thing to it occurred. He was a great horse and so was Victory Gallop, and that was an amazing race.

Please

RQ was hardly a "great" horse. Only managed to win 6 of 20 lifetime starts

I was glad VG nipped him in the Belmont.

RQ was a nice, consistent colt ... but he didn't belong on a list with truly great horses like Affirmed and Secretariat, in my opinion...

Old 06-06-2012, 11:47 AM

756 posts, read 714,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackShoe View Post
My early cautious early opinion is that we will have the first Triple Crown winner since Affirmed. The expected pace scenario favors IHA, and if he retains his form and avoids trouble he wins the Belmont. Dullahan and Union Rags are obvious threats, and for those keying IHA on top in exotics those two are must uses underneath. The latest buzz is on Baffert's other colt, Paynter, coming off a 2nd in the Derby Trial and a rapid easy win on Preakness day against a weak field. Here are very early Belmont pp's. They are in alphabetical order, not actual post positions, and of course late defections are not known.
www.belmontstakes.com/Userfiles/file/Preliminary_Belmont_Contenders_5_20_12.pdf

Yeah, I tend to agree. Seems like the stars are aligning for this colt and the looooooooong drought between TC winners is about to come to an end.

Thanks for linking those PP's, by the way

Old 06-07-2012, 09:22 AM

14,491 posts, read 20,678,405 times
Dullahan will push, I'll Have Another, to the ultimate limit.

Old 06-07-2012, 01:02 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,082,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by howard555 View Post
Dullahan will push, I'll Have Another, to the ultimate limit.
Dullahan's jump from the rail to 7-wide while leaving the last turn and subsequent passing of ten horses coming down the stretch was a thing of beauty.

Also well rested and a change in the jockey.

Amazing 2012 Kentucky Derby - HD - YouTube

Old 06-07-2012, 03:22 PM

1,999 posts, read 4,998,431 times
Default Union Rags the pick

Dullahan has no shot in this race. He is a plodder. The Derby winner is a threat and i will be rooting for Mario the jock who seems like a great kid.

However Union Rags is the correct bet. he is big and will love the sweeping turns of Belmont. He already has a big stakes win over the course. A real lock at 5-1. Power bet time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports