Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2011, 01:42 AM

5,586 posts, read 10,668,292 times

Advertisements

Tonga beat France!!!!!!!!!!!! I didn't get to see the game but LOL! We've presumably got France next week unless we slip up against Scotland (0-3 down now though...) so that's time for them to either regroup and get their focus back or implode a la the football WC. Either way, can't wait!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2011, 03:15 AM

England 16 - 12 Scotland...for most of the game Scotland were ahead and it looked like they might just get the eight-point win they needed, but nope! Compelling game of attritional rugby though, great drama throughout!

Old 10-01-2011, 04:12 AM

7,956 posts, read 11,856,529 times
Unlucky Scotland! Thought you were gonna do it to, thats rugby though!

Old 10-01-2011, 04:40 PM

2,819 posts, read 6,459,559 times
Dan Carter out for the rest of the world cup, you read some of the things and you'd think we have no chance of winning it now, yeah he's a key player but we can still win without him.

Old 10-02-2011, 08:37 PM

6,408 posts, read 9,000,265 times
Anyone know if the games are aired in the US? Cannot find them in the listings.

Old 10-03-2011, 02:59 AM

790 posts, read 1,734,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
Anyone know if the games are aired in the US? Cannot find them in the listings.
Pretty sure they are since my friend in Canada can watch them, however unless you're nocturnal they'll be at an awful time in the morning for you

Old 10-03-2011, 06:10 AM

The quarter-final line-up:

Ireland - Wales
England - France
South Africa - Australia
NZ - Argentina

All four of those games have something of interest there. If England beat France (depends on which France turns up) we'd definitely fancy our chances of getting to the final against Ireland/Wales, though both teams are in very good form. SA - Australia looks too close to call either way.

NZ still odds-on to win even without Dan Carter I'd say both Australia and SA are good value around 7 or 8:
Rugby World Cup Winner Betting Odds | Rugby Union Betting

Last edited by ben86; 10-03-2011 at 06:18 AM..

Old 10-03-2011, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben86 View Post
The quarter-final line-up:

Ireland - Wales
England - France
South Africa - Australia
NZ - Argentina

All four of those games have something of interest there. If England beat France (depends on which France turns up) we'd definitely fancy our chances of getting to the final against Ireland/Wales, though both teams are in very good form. SA - Australia looks too close to call either way.

NZ still odds-on to win even without Dan Carter I'd say both Australia and SA are good value around 7 or 8:
Rugby World Cup Winner Betting Odds | Rugby Union Betting
Are you shocked? We will perform well without Carter, Slade or Weepu will be able to slip in nicely, as you said, all four games draw interest, my picks would probaly be England, Ireland (this game could really be a cracker), South Africa and New Zealand.

Old 10-04-2011, 03:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyj46 View Post
Are you shocked? We will perform well without Carter, Slade or Weepu will be able to slip in nicely, as you said, all four games draw interest, my picks would probaly be England, Ireland (this game could really be a cracker), South Africa and New Zealand.
Not shocked you're favourites as I do think you'll win, but I wouldn't expect many takers at the odds on offer. You're pretty much a shoe-in for the semis, but SA and Australia both beat you in the Tri-Nations, and anything could happen in the final.

Old 10-04-2011, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben86 View Post
Not shocked you're favourites as I do think you'll win, but I wouldn't expect many takers at the odds on offer. You're pretty much a shoe-in for the semis, but SA and Australia both beat you in the Tri-Nations, and anything could happen in the final.
Yeah Australia and SA can both beat us, the way Australia have been playing, I'm not that worried, they've got to get past a very good South African team. The loss of Steyn is huge though, with him playing, you couldn't afford to infringe within 60m.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports