Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2011, 04:03 PM

934 posts, read 1,352,335 times

Advertisements

I love the NFL playoffs first round because of the wild card race leading into the playoffs.

MLB could add another round in my personal opinion.

NBA second round is always the best round of the playoffs which usually makes the rest of the playoffs good TV

NHL usually have more upsets than the NBA does mainly because a goalie get hot and makes his team unbeatable.

Your thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2011, 05:12 PM

2,413 posts, read 5,762,868 times
Love the NHL playoffs. So much excitement.

Old 05-16-2011, 08:07 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,964,783 times
NFL

then

NHL
NHL
MLB

in that order.

Old 05-17-2011, 09:10 AM

5,289 posts, read 7,516,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
NFL

then

NHL
NHL
MLB

in that order.
The NHL in 2nd AND 3rd place? That's impressive.

It's not a totally fair question as the NFL is the only one that is sudden death so its hard to trump that type of drama with a best of 7 series.

I love them all, and the MLB deserves some mention because it does feel like so much is on the line. Play 162 games just to get to a best of 5 first round series? Thats always pretty intense - probably not the best way to crown a champion, but oh well.

Old 05-17-2011, 09:53 AM
JJG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
The NHL in 2nd AND 3rd place? That's impressive.

It's not a totally fair question as the NFL is the only one that is sudden death so its hard to trump that type of drama with a best of 7 series.

I love them all, and the MLB deserves some mention because it does feel like so much is on the line. Play 162 games just to get to a best of 5 first round series? Thats always pretty intense - probably not the best way to crown a champion, but oh well.
Woops. I mean NBA in 3rd... only because of the level of competition. It always seems higher in hockey... plus, the same teams don't win every friggin' year in the NHL.

It's not a fair question since OF COURSE I and several others will pick the NFL because it has the most suspense. Not to mention the biggest game/sports day of the year at the end.

Old 05-17-2011, 07:28 PM

1,643 posts, read 4,441,965 times
1. NHL- the best, most intense/ exciting by far.
2. MLB
3. NBA- would be better if the same 2 or 3 teams seem to win it every year
4. NFL- awful, how can a 7-9 or 8-8 make it into the playoffs over a freaking 10-6 or 9-7 team? This seems to happen on a regular basis. Also, teams with crappier records should not be awarded home field advantage. The most ridiculously stupid playoff system on the planet.

Old 05-18-2011, 11:28 AM

5,289 posts, read 7,516,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interpol76 View Post
The most ridiculously stupid playoff system on the planet.
College football says hi

Though I guess you can't really even call that a "playoff"

Old 05-18-2011, 11:34 AM
JJG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interpol76 View Post
1. NHL- the best, most intense/ exciting by far.
2. MLB
3. NBA- would be better if the same 2 or 3 teams seem to win it every year
4. NFL- awful, how can a 7-9 or 8-8 make it into the playoffs over a freaking 10-6 or 9-7 team? This seems to happen on a regular basis. Also, teams with crappier records should not be awarded home field advantage. The most ridiculously stupid playoff system on the planet.
... you sure this isn't the soccer fan in you talking?

You wanna make it in? Beat the teams in YOUR division.

It's not perfect, but it's a hell of alot better than the BCS. It's a hell of alot better than seeing half the numer of teams in the league make it in.

Old 05-18-2011, 05:22 PM

7,554 posts, read 7,118,784 times
I love the current MLB system, but I'm concerned about the upcoming expansion.

NHL and NBA have the same formula. But I love playoff hockey, the NBA becomes somewhat watchable during playoff time.

NFL is great with there 1 and done hard to match there drama.

and I love the college basketball brackets.

I'd rank them

1) College Hoops (even though I think it's a dumb way to choose a champion)

2) NFL- One and done makes every game a game 7.

3) MLB- for now I'll say 3rd place (that could change if they expand the playoffs) what seperates it from Hockey which I also love, is the pitching dynamic, every game is like playing a different opponent, because you'll face a different starting pitcher. Game 1 you could score 9 runs, game 2 you could get no-hit.

4) NHL- even though the NHL is listed 4th, it's right there with the top 3, I love the intesity of the playoffs.

5) NBA- not really a fan, I haven't watched any yet. Maybe some of the final.

Old 05-18-2011, 10:57 PM

352 posts, read 1,008,325 times
NHL
MLB
NFL
NBA

from best to worst
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports