Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Spokane area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2018, 05:12 PM

132 posts, read 230,555 times

Advertisements

Hi all!
I am getting ready to rent a home in Liberty Lake. I like the house and the location, but it does not have A/C. How big of a deal is this? I am not sure how hot the summers get. You know....you can look at stats on line, but I would like some opinions from folks.
Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2018, 06:34 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,925,995 times
Get A/C.

Old 12-10-2018, 06:37 PM

5,266 posts, read 8,740,035 times
I’d get AC. Even if the heat doesn’t bother you, the smoke the last few summers in August has been awful and you’re better off not breathing it directly. When we bought our home here we had central AC put in before anything else.

Old 12-10-2018, 07:38 PM

1,010 posts, read 4,910,446 times
If you're going to add central AC on a house you are renting, you need to get the seller's permission first. If you are just going to put in a window unit, that should be fine.

Old 12-10-2018, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WendyK View Post
If you're going to add central AC on a house you are renting, you need to get the seller's permission first. If you are just going to put in a window unit, that should be fine.
Lol...can’t imagine adding central AC to a house you didn’t actually own. Who’d gift thousands of dollars to their landlord?
I think the OP was thinking of passing on this house because of the AC issue.
Though window units would work.

Old 12-11-2018, 07:37 AM

1,010 posts, read 4,910,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistyriver View Post
Lol...can’t imagine adding central AC to a house you didn’t actually own. Who’d gift thousands of dollars to their landlord?
I think the OP was thinking of passing on this house because of the AC issue.
Though window units would work.
I agree! That's why I thought it was odd that the OP was asking about AC. I read the original post as it was a house he was going to be renting for sure. You're probably right - they were asking about whether or not to consider that house.

Old 12-12-2018, 08:01 AM

486 posts, read 842,418 times
I would never live in a house here in Spokane without AC. When we had our house built, we bought the AC option. Next door neighbor didn't and can't imagine what it is like when it's 94 and no wind..

Old 12-12-2018, 08:36 AM

Our house is a contemporary built in 87 with beautiful huge windows and cathedral ceilings. It’s light and airy but those huge windows heat the place up something fierce. The bedrooms are all at grade level and yet the place was built without AC (the builder built for herself) I have no idea how the previous owners tolerated it. The only thing I can think is that they moved downstairs in summer where it’s a tad bit cooler and must’ve just kept windows open which I wouldn’t do unless they were upstairs, since we do live in a city.

Old 12-12-2018, 07:48 PM

162 posts, read 204,273 times
We had a window unit in our rental and used it only for two days the first year when the smoke got bad, last year we were not home for the smoky week. It depends how the house is positioned and how much sun it gets throughout the day. We had good blinds which I put down around 10 am and up again at night with open windows to get some cool air.

Old 12-12-2018, 07:57 PM

30,355 posts, read 19,134,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh-Happy-Day View Post
Hi all!
I am getting ready to rent a home in Liberty Lake. I like the house and the location, but it does not have A/C. How big of a deal is this? I am not sure how hot the summers get. You know....you can look at stats on line, but I would like some opinions from folks.
Thanks!
Unless you're older than 90 or a girl that's always cold, you're going to want ac in Liberty Lake.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Spokane area