Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2009, 09:02 AM

13,495 posts, read 37,563,931 times

Advertisements

Danny, it looks like you made it to the Twin Cities and are all settling in. Good luck in school and in your new location.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2009, 09:06 AM

61,254 posts, read 87,800,132 times
i wont go thru 19 pages to see if i posted.
i have a garden i eat the produce.
i buy meat in large quantities and portion in freezer bags.
i eat small portions stay within 2 lbs of ideal weight.

Old 08-23-2009, 01:15 PM

3,941 posts, read 14,763,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammie View Post
Danny, it looks like you made it to the Twin Cities and are all settling in. Good luck in school and in your new location.
Thanks Jammie! It's been great so far. I'm waiting on the results of a couple job interviews. The savings is going faster and faster so I hope to hear back sooner than later! Moving is definitely more expensive than I figured, especially to a large city.

Old 08-24-2009, 09:05 PM

19,728 posts, read 10,547,997 times
tonight's supper: From a garden tour (aka: garden raid) steamed baby potatoes, cukes in sour cream sauce, sliced tomato, corn on the cob, and on the side, a walleye fillet.

Old 08-26-2009, 07:42 PM

2,398 posts, read 5,428,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by debey View Post
tonight's supper: From a garden tour (aka: garden raid) steamed baby potatoes, cukes in sour cream sauce, sliced tomato, corn on the cob, and on the side, a walleye fillet.
That sounds awesome!

I made homemade pizza last night.....
Tonight, just a sandwich.

Old 08-26-2009, 11:33 PM

415 posts, read 976,015 times
Well so much for having Corn this fall. Neighbors cows got into my garden of Corn, Peas and Taters and Ate EVERYTHING. Said it was my fault because some of my T Posts on the Fence were more than 20 feet apart and that makes it an illegal fence.

Old 08-27-2009, 07:17 AM

27,955 posts, read 39,990,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDHomesteader View Post
Well so much for having Corn this fall. Neighbors cows got into my garden of Corn, Peas and Taters and Ate EVERYTHING. Said it was my fault because some of my T Posts on the Fence were more than 20 feet apart and that makes it an illegal fence.
Your fault? Oh Pleaaze. With steel post its the 7 step or about a 21 foot spacing. Well sometime you should invite him over for steaks, as them about a missing cow afterwards. They don't need to know about you buying a side of beef in town... Or raisednyour own.

Old 08-27-2009, 11:36 AM

Well I actually looked up the fencing law and it states 20 feet apart on steel posts, but it also doesn't mention Barbless wire, only barbed wire according to the law (unless its buffalo fence and that can be smooth wire).

Yeah west of the junkyard on our property all our T Posts are between 17-19 feet part. East of our junkyard they are about 30 feet apart because we weren't ready to run anything on that side of our parcel (40 acre rectangle, junkyard is halfway over, divider fence that splits the parcel into two squares but that fence is null and void since the whole thing is on my property) and I was gonna go in later and put the extra T posts. But its the West Side of my fence that they got through on.

They even got into two of the Bales of Hay I hadn't gotten put into the Hay corral yet. And I'm the one that put the 2 grand into that fence. They didn't even pay for the half that's supposedly their responsibility according to the either.

They get into my Hay Corral and yeah its Free Steaks for everyone on the Board here. Massive bar b que if that happens, I got over 1000 bucks of Hay in that corral for my horses for the winter. ARghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Had toast for breakfast LOL

Old 08-27-2009, 11:45 AM

27,955 posts, read 39,990,267 times
Did you find supply of hay for your ponies?

I built plenty of fence, and repaired even more. Aaah the memories.

Lunch will be brats over apple wood. Sitting out here watching the fire. MMMMM yum.

Old 08-28-2009, 12:05 AM

Yeah I did Find some hay for my Horsies for Winter, I'm still about 3 tons short though if I averaged right, Hopefully it will be a short winter though but I'm guessing it won't be. The Bales aren't the greatest in the world, real loose, and after stacking them, the next day, two had fallen off the stacks just from the looseness of the bales LOL. Hopefully by next spring we'll have our own Used Round Baler and a bigger tractor to pull the thing, then all we need to do is find some fields to swath and bale up LOL.

We SPLURGED tonite and had Pizza Rolls for Din Din ROFLMAO
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota